Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 930 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 27871

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Jethro Tull: Thick as a Brick
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Joni Mitchell - Miles of Aisles (w/the L.A. Express)1974

I'm not a huge Joni Mitchell fan but no one can doubt her influence on folk style music and mmany of the female artists that I like site her as an influence. One of the reasons I like this disc is because of the recording. Very open and intimate for a live recording. Another outstanding SDA disc. She does a few of her major hits and I especially like the live Big Yellow Taxi, Circle Game and Blue.

Bottome line even if you aren't a big Joni Mitchell fan the recording is very much worth it. Simply outstanding because it draws you right in. Also, FYI 70% of the disc is Joni with her guitar and the other 30% includes the L.A. Express who sound fantastic.

H9

P.S. This is also an HDCD for those of you interested
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Ani di Franco: Living in Clip

Amazing, AWESOME, almost knocked me outta my chair:

Glad you are enjoying it V. She is quite an experience and the recording is among my top 10 of all time.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Front 242 - ReBoot Live

The experimental nature and live performance skills of Front 242 are captured in this release of a concert given in Belgium. The band, which emerged at the forefront of Chicago's dance scene in the late 1980s, has always made a point of delivering a dynamic show utilizing only live sequencing, eschewing the use of playback tapes. The set list includes such favorites as "Body to Body," "Im Rhythmus Bleiben," "First in First Out," Moldavia," and "HeadHunter," played to an appreciative audience.

Reliving some of my younger days. This is really where "techo" music has it's roots. Some good stuff, if not a bit repetative. I remember going to Wax Trax records on Lincoln in Chicago about twice a month to get the latest new underground releases.

Art of Noise- Who's Afraid.....

I continue to regress. Which is fun to finally pull out stuf I haven't listened to in years. Met a female recently and it seems our common interest (among others) is "new wave" underground music from the 80's. Hence the romp thru my past.

Art Of Noise: Trevor Horn, Anne Dudley, J.J. Jeczalik, Gary Langan. The Art of Noise's first full-length release, from 1984, is also their best and most intriguing. Containing the dance club smash "Beat Box (Diversion One)," the MTV favorite "Close (To the Edit)" and the influential, near-ambient "Moments In Love," WHO'S AFRAID is a revolutionary album that changed the course of modern electronic music. Its effects were felt equally in postmodern avant-garde circles and the hippest of dance clubs. Trevor Horn, Anne Dudley, J.J. Jeczalik and Gary Langan's work has both melodic and rhythmic sophistication and, perhaps more importantly, a playful sense of humor. "Snapshot" cheekily quotes The Who's "Baba O'Riley," and the key rhythmic element of "Close (To The Edit)" is the sound of a car ignition. WHO'S AFRAID also has darker moments, like "A Time For Fear," which prominently features tapes of the 1983 US invasion of Grenada, and the foreboding, ambient pieces that end the second side.

H9

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    I remember going to Wax Trax records on Lincoln in Chicago about twice a month to get the latest new underground releases.
    Do you have the black box 3 disc set? link I bought it when it first came out just to get Trent Reznor on vocals with 1000 Homo DJ's version of Supernaut. Discovered a lot of other good stuff on there too :)

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

[QUOTE=Halo;650329]Do you have the black box 3 disc set? link I bought it when it first came out just to get Trent Reznor on vocals with 1000 Homo DJ's version of Supernaut. Discovered a lot of other good stuff on there too :)

No sadly I never bought the original, but my brother who is way more into the "new wave" movement of the 80's on a regualr basis does have it and I made a copy. Listened to a lot of Ministry and Cabaret Voltaire, Nitzer Ebb etc......the list goes on and I seriously haven't listened to this stuff in 8-10 years.

Always from day 1 have been a Trent Reznor fan and I think he was influenced heavily by many of the "harder" sythesized industrial music of that era (80's) Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Revolting Cocks, and on on and on......:)

H9

Oh yeah, can't forget KMFDM, Jesus Lizard, Propaganda, The Flying Lizards, Siouxie and the Banshee's......and countless others I can't recall.

Glad you are enjoying it V. She is quite an experience and the recording is among my top 10 of all time.

H9
    I also picked up two of her "bootleg" CD's (both from Rightous Babe Records):

Carnegie Hall 4/6/02 (live)

&

Boston 11/10/06 (live)

Siouxie and the Banshee's......
    PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Member Sales Rating: (43)

I just bought Black Sabbath WSOSFRR.
    I was worried that the CD would suck, but it has pretty good dynamics for that type of music.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Tool, as always.
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

The Borat Soundtrack...hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by troyd
    Who cares if mainstream pop is released in SACD? In most cases, that amounts to polishing a turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai
    Have you ever felt the legs of a female equestrian on your head?

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Been WAY too long. GREAT music. I really, really can't see why they're not more popular.

Very well could be my all time favorite CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

webdude
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Ripped a CD my daughter bought: tobyMac - Boomin'
    Man, this recording is LOUD.

The new Rush - Best thing they've done in years.

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Krauss $ Krall

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows
    Bob Seger - Greatest Hits
    Pink Floyd - DSOTM
    Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You
    The Police - Every Breath You Take: The Classics

Grizzly Bear Yellow House on vinyl...makes me feel high but I'm not. weird
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
    Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
    Graham Slee Special Edition 2
    PS Audio UPC-200

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Wilco Sky Blue Sky
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

Quote Originally Posted by MillerLiteScott View Post
    Wilco Sky Blue Sky
    Great idea...putting it in now. I'm digging this album.
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
    Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
    Graham Slee Special Edition 2
    PS Audio UPC-200

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Allman Brothers Eat a Peach SACD,

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Booker T. & The M.G.'s - The Booker T. Set
    1969, Stax X2009, R2R

The world's tightest backing band.
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

TNT - All The Way To The Sun
    Attached Images  
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Johnny Cash, live from san quentin and live from folsom prison...I love these records

Last edited by JimBRICK; 06-18-2007 at 12:56 AM.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Dy-no-myte power rock album!
    • Innersound Eros MK III hybrid ESL - Innersound Bass/Active Crossover amp - Sanders Sound ESL amp
    • SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub
    • PS Audio GCP-200 preamp w/external PS
    • Bluenote Bellavista table w/Sig.5 arm and Dynavector 20-x - The Clamp - PS Audio GCPH
    • Wadia 301 CD transport - Schiit Gungnir DAC
    • MIT Shotgun S1 IC's and speaker cables
    • PS Audio P3 Power Plant
    • Panasonic 58" plasma - Denon 3805 - PS Audio GCA-250 - Revel Ultima Gems and LE1/Sub15

Thread Information