Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Living Stereo Classical

So I've been checking it out...and I think I got it, but not sure.

As far as cd format, there are the following...

1) Regular RCA cd
    2) RCA SACD
    3) Analogue Productions SACD

Is that correct?

Has anyone heard the various formats and can comment on SQ between them?

Thanks,
    Paul
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (6)

While I haven't heard all 3 formats, I have quite a few of the RCA SACDs. Overall the sound quality of these are very good. Like anything some our better then others. To me Rimsky-Korsakov's Sherezade, the Rhapsody Compilation (Hungarian, Rumanian, My Vlast, Wagner), Rachmaninoff, and Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue really stand out. They are all well recorded and have very good to excellent sound quality.

Hey Paul

untill you mentioned it I did not realize that Analogue Productions made SACD! As I have bought a lot of their Vinyl and have seen them have them listed as available in Vinyl or SACD, but they are the ones making some of those SACD's. I well have to check to so what I own from them in SACD :)

just saw that my copy of "Counting Crow's" August and everything after is from them and it was better then my Redbook cd. and just as good as the 45rpm Vinyl. If their SACD's are mastered like there Vinyl I'd say they pretty dang good :)
    Last edited by voltz; 04-29-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Check out the RCA Living Stereo CD box sets volume 1 and 2. Most are from the same group remastered and released on SACD. 60 Cds in each box set with original art. Price is about $2 or less per CD. A real bargain if you like the RCA Living Stereo classical music. A lot of good music!
    Carl

I have a lot of the Living Stereo SACDs, and they sound fine. One point I found interesting is that many of these were recorded in three channel in the 1950s, which is why they work well with SACD. Apparently, when stereo was first starting there was a little debate as to whether it should be two or three channel. Whether true or not I don't know, but it seems the decision to go with two channel was based on a feeling that consumers might balk about three speakers in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Whether true or not I don't know, but it seems the decision to go with two channel was based on a feeling that consumers might balk about three speakers in the living room.
    Did my wife have anything to do with that decision? LOL!!
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Thread Information