Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Somewhere there's a person in a tent, already in line to get tickets.

All kidding aside, i'm fired up for this!
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I can only hope the new movies re-claim the greatness of the films, based on Episodes 1 and 2 to a point.
    I gotta say having the original cast - 30 years later in Star Wars time - is intriguing.

I agree kevhed. Hoping that they are able to portray those same characters in the right way, and that these next 3 films feel more like IV V and VI versus I II and III.

I'd bet money Harrison Ford kills his role. Hopefully the others follow suit.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I'm completely juiced to see this movie. can't wait
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Agree about Harrison Ford. He had stated during the originals that his character should of been killed off in The Empire Strikes Back. Look for him to go down? Guess we will find out.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

The problem with Star Wars is that it was a period set of pieces that worked well in the '80s because they were "innovative" then, kinda? So it's really about a generation of viewers and fans. I doubt the young crowd will be drawn to "any" revisioning of it or even care about the original cast....except for Ford. They'd ask, "who are they"?

I suppose having Lucas on the periphery is not a bad idea because George is burnt. Hasn't made anything good in a generation.

The problem I have with trying to revive something that might better be left alone is that there are dozens of great Sci-Fi stories to tell that have been written over the years. Why keep coming back to ONE thing?

Just my opinion. I found the originals to be interesting but I was never a 'huge' fan, probably because I was already in my post college years when these appeared. And I was also well-versed in the Jungian-Buddhistic-Daoist undertones that Lucas drew directly from Joseph Campbell's work--which in Lucas's case I referred to as "Jung-Lite"! Fewer calories for your brain but the taste was OK.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 05-01-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

I think it could be a little tough for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Just sayin. Carrie Fisher's got some serious tread-wear on the tires, and Mark Hamill ain't exactly looking like the athletic jedi knight type any more. Hope they got him a good personal trainer!

Harrison Ford should do just fine, agree. I'm sure he can snap back into Han Solo with ease.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    The problem with Star Wars is that it was a period set of pieces that worked well in the '80s because they were "innovative" then, kinda? So it's really about a generation of viewers and fans. I doubt the young crowd will be drawn to "any" revisioning of it or even care about the original cast....except for Ford. They'd ask, "who are they"?

I suppose having Lucas on the periphery is not a bad idea because George is burnt. Hasn't made anything good in a generation.

The problem I have with trying to revive something that might better be left alone is that there are dozens of great Sci-Fi stories to tell that have been written over the years. Why keep coming back to ONE thing?

Just my opinion. I found the originals to be interesting but I was never a 'huge' fan, probably because I was already in my post college years when these appeared. And I was also well-versed in the Jungian-Buddhistic-Daoist undertones that Lucas drew directly from Joseph Campbell's work--which in Lucas's case I referred to as "Jung-Lite"! Fewer calories for your brain but the taste was OK.

cnh
    I think your brush strokes are a bit broad here. I, II and III generated some decent interest in IV, V and VI in today's youth. I know my nephew and all his friends are very familiar with the originals, and have seen them multiple times.

I guess I'm more interested than you b/c I was a youngster when the originals came out, and absolutely loved them as a kid (still do.) So I'd much rather see how the next 3 pan out than some other sci-fi story to be honest. But like you said, just my opinion.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Glad to see John Williams return for scoring duties.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    I think it could be a little tough for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Just sayin. Carrie Fisher's got some serious tread-wear on the tires, and Mark Hamill ain't exactly looking like the athletic jedi knight type any more. Hope they got him a good personal trainer!

Harrison Ford should do just fine, agree. I'm sure he can snap back into Han Solo with ease.
    Carrie Fisher has had a personal trainer and dietician working with her 7 days a week for the last 8-9 months, ever since she was privately asked (and accepted) to do this movie. Same thing with Mark Hamill. Saw a photo of him from last year and one from a few weeks back...he's considerably leaner and looking far more ready than ever. Someone mentioned it looks like he dropped about 60 lbs.

I know a lot of people are fired up to see Han Solo, but i'm just excited like a little kid over the thought of Luke doing battle with a Sith Lord. How bad ass would it be for Luke to do battle with a Max von Sydow aging Sith Lord and dispatching him, only for his younger apprentice to take over and recruit one of Han and Leia's kids as his apprentice.

You know full well that Abrams is aware of all the disappoints from Eps 1-3 courtesy of Lucas. You know he's heard the cries of the fans and unlike Lucas, he'll listen!
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    Carrie Fisher has had a personal trainer and dietician working with her 7 days a week for the last 8-9 months, ever since she was privately asked (and accepted) to do this movie. Same thing with Mark Hamill. Saw a photo of him from last year and one from a few weeks back...he's considerably leaner and looking far more ready than ever. Someone mentioned it looks like he dropped about 60 lbs.
    You're right, and it probably had something to do with Hamill making his FIRST appearance at "Star Wars Weekends" (in Walt Disney World) this month. Well that, plus a bunch of $$! I can't even imagine the crowds that will be lined up to get his autograph...
    Yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated Amp
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets (dual centers)
    B&O TX2 Turntable
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD
    Samsung BD-P2550 Blu-Ray/DVD
    LG LST-3410a OTA DVR
    Princeton AF3.0HD Monitor
    Optoma HD65 Projector

That would be really great if Hamill and Fisher really rise to the occasion here.

I can't even imagine what the payday will be for the two of them and Harrison Ford. Gonna be a lotta zeroes on those checks!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    C
    I know a lot of people are fired up to see Han Solo, but i'm just excited like a little kid over the thought of Luke doing battle with a Sith Lord. How bad ass would it be for Luke to do battle with a Max von Sydow aging Sith Lord and dispatching him, only for his younger apprentice to take over and recruit one of Han and Leia's kids as his apprentice.
    I think the script has Luke becoming a "Yoda-like" Jedi Master, with the villain role going one of Han/Leia's children, if the story line follows the expanded universe cannon...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I think the script has Luke becoming a "Yoda-like" Jedi Master, with the villain role going one of Han/Leia's children, if the story line follows the expanded universe cannon...
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/2...s-says-disney/

Ideas you have. Correct you are not.
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14 PC's
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000 | Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

Name:  mark_hamill_2691038.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  53.2 KB

Is that Luke? Or Jaba the Hutt??

Name:  carrie-fisher-off-wagon-pp.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  41.9 KB

I hope Fisher gets in her Jaba barge bikini again!

I don't!

Here's a recent shot of Mark Hamill looking noticeably much leaner and getting his Jedi Master beard going. No worries about Carrie Fisher from my end as well. I'm sure those trainers, dietitians and healthy salaries have inspired them to come into the movie...in shape!
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by codyc1ark View Post
    I hope Fisher gets in her Jaba barge bikini again!

Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

It would be pretty cool if they found a way to sneak Neil deGrasse Tyson into some sort of cameo role.

Something tells me Chewie is dead. There is no way that mongral is still kicking around.....Chewbaccas age like dogs. Dogs with crossbows!

Show me what Wicket looks like 30 years later...I heard Hollywood turned peaceful ewoks into fuzzy little coke heads.

This is still great news. The box set is going to cost a fortune.
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20

May the Fourth be with you!!! See what I did there???

Name:  10296567_10202075216343664_2903134160916619289_n.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  67.7 KB
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's

LMFAO Herm! Priceless man...priceless!

Y hope DARTH VADER survived and take a revenge against those libtards rebelle!

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    The force might be with you, John.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

Sadly, preproduction on Episode VII has come to an end...

because PRODUCTION has begun!

I'm fired up for this! I really think this team, lead by Abrams, is going to recapture the magic again. They've all heard the cries and bitching about what went wrong with Eps 1-3. I'm sure they're consulting a bit with Lucas story wise behind the scenes and VERY quietly being done. If you notice in the B&W photo of the cast and crew all together...Lucas is nowhere to be found. Don't know if it's deliberate or if Lucas has very little to do with these, but his name hasn't been mentioned at all.

I like the casting they've done. If Max Von Sydow turns out to be a Sith...i'm gonna say "Brilliant casting" right now!

Thread Information