Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Special THANKS to our KEIKO

I would like to thank Mike. Within 4 days i received the Yaqin Cd2 with a box full of tubes including Mullard M8100's. He also included some items to install them correctly & some cd's which i will enjoy. Very well packaged. It took no time for me to hook it up & listened to it Before & After installed. Makes the Adcom sound smooth & detailed. For such a little unit. I was surprised it sounded pleasing to my ears. I am very pleased with it & will enjoy it alot. Thank you Mike for the beautiful unit & speedy delivery. Ya made my day
    Attached Images  
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Congrats! Those little Yaqins really are a surprigingly good piece for the money.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Pioneer Elite DV-47A CD/SACD/DVD-A Player
    Denon DNP-720AE Network Player
    Thorens TD320 & TD145
    Dared SL2000 upgraded by George Grand
    Adcom GFA5800 Amplifier
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    Douglas Connection Interconnects

Member Sales Rating: (1)

you got the holy grail of 6ak5 tubes there. Mike is good people all day everyday. If you decide to do any rolling hit me up I still have some tubes from My CD2. Old Tungsol,seimens and some Voskhod's which are just wonderful tubes for that.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

What a nice family we have here.

Congratulations

Your a good guy as Mike is too !!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yep...Mikey is a great guy, great member, all around nice dude. I do have an ongoing beef with him though....he keeps posting beautiful pics of his locale while the rest of us are under the dark gloomy haze of winter.

Congrats on the CD2....Kinda takes the edge off a tad eh ?

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Yep, Big Mike is a wonderful CP member, what I call "Top Of The Mark", a class act. Always nice to see his posts around here.

Congrats boston, I'm glad you got it and are enjoying it. That was a great lot of tubes thrown in for the price.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Keiko is top notch all the way, and the PIE is amazing!
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Name:  Miss-Hawaii-102.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  206.3 KB

Forgot to add this, per your request.

Glad you're happy with it, Randy. Njoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Attachment 97223

Forgot to add this, per your request.

Glad you're happy with it, Randy. Njoy!
    Mike.... I expect better from you ...
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I was hoping to see her pop out of the box Love the unit Thanks again Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post
    Congrats! Those little Yaqins really are a surprigingly good piece for the money.
    Yeah, my CD3 arrived from Travis yesterday, so a shout out to him as well. It's a nice piece and is a step up. As is pricier tubes for this unit. I got some RCA 6SN7s that Travis included in it now and noticed right away a much more deeper bottom end vs the CD2. Plus it looks cool next to the Dared. Groovin' to some George Allison right now as I type this.

Keiko no need to be humble pretty good gesture on your behalf. Randy enjoy.

Enjoy Mike. Made some circles around CP & happy listeners

How'd ya like those vinyl rips? The Lonnie Mack w/Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of my faves. Oreo Cookie Blues.

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Mike's the real deal people. If you haven't had the pleasure then you are missing out. I know when I go to Hawaii one of my stops will be to see him and Janey.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    How'd ya like those vinyl rips? The Lonnie Mack w/Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of my faves. Oreo Cookie Blues.

All i can say is HOLY CRAP that cd RRRRR ROCKS . Never heard that before. Just noticed your post & had to listen to it twice in awe. Thats some good stuff. Steve was right on target felt like i was in the studio with the SDA's jamming. Thank god i have SHAZAM on iphone to tell me name of songs. Just still in awe.....
    Last edited by boston1450; 05-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

All of those discs have cover art included. Just pop 'em into your PC drive to access the files if you want to print covers.

Mike rocks! The vinyl rip master!
    Carl

Thanks Mike. I was listening to the Rush one & drifted off to some other world :) Oh yeah by the way i like Johnny Cash too. Those came out very well BTW. Ive never heard cd's that were done from albums before. Can i use my Audio Technica to do same ? Do you personally find the quality to be as good/better than albums ? DO i hook it to a laptop ?
    Last edited by boston1450; 05-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Thanks Mike. I was listening to the Rush one & drifted off to some other world :) Oh yeah by the way i like Johnny Cash too. Those came out very well BTW. Ive never heard cd's that were done from albums before. Can i use my Audio Technica to do same ? Do you personally find the quality to be as good/better than albums ? DO i hook it to a laptop ?
    Maybe subjective, but I find a lot of vinyl rips to be way better than some factory CDs. Especially because of the loudness war, and there's something just magical about vinyl anyway.

You can use any turntable for ripping vinyl. I use audacity software and you can download it for free. I just use a simple patch cord from my RX-797 to my MacBookPro. Audacity works pretty much like a tape recorder. You can chop the tracks and export them into any format you like. I prefer lossless and copy at 96Khz 24bit. You can dither the files down to 41000 for burning to disc.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Randy, if you get into this, I'd recommend additional software like ClickRepair or IzotopeRX for dealing with noisy records. These you will need to purchase and there's several other softwares available. I use both of these. ClickRepair is the easiest to use and works very well. Audacity does have some filters built in, but they're not very good. Vinyl Studio is another software that comes to mind and IIRC, they all have a demo period, so you can try them before deciding to purchase. ClickRepair is likely the best option for you, and won't break the bank.

http://www.clickrepair.net/

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/

Quality is also going to depend on your rig. I use a Technics SL-1210M5G w/Dynavector 10X5 MC Cartridge and Sumiko Headshell. Herbes Way Excellent TT Mat, Clamp and VPI HW17 RCM.

Last edited by Keiko; 05-05-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Default audacity screen shot

Wow. I guess i gotta get some read on-to do this. Lately ive been using the AT tt & i already noticed i need a upgrade on cart/needle as it has the stock one on it. It has been used less than 30 albums. Ive been researching the upgrades. Just havent pulled the trigger yet. I will order one asap & read the sites you posted above. Ive been recording cd-to-tape & was going to use the AT for LP-to-R2R (AT plugged right into the input on the TEAC R2R) & i think i need to give LP ripping a try. Those sound very good. It will take a bit of time but i will 'get er done' im learning in this hobby it doesnt happen over night. In the last 2-4 years ive came a long way. Thanks to you & people on CP. Thanks for info Mike

Randy, which Audio-Technica table do you have? I used an AT-PL120 when I first got into this. With a good cartridge, you can get some decent rips. Don't get overwhelmed, it's not that hard and with a little hands on, you'll see how simple it is. Just time consuming more than anything.
    Last edited by Keiko; 05-06-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Mike i have the 120 also. I picked it up for just that. Like i stated above i need to upgrade the cart. Any suggestions? I read up on it a month ago on different carts BUT got kinda overwhelmed with not sure which one to go with. I have used the 120 & ripped some vinyl onto tape with it (just experiencing around :) & the tapes came out good. I need to get the R2R speed adjusted properly, so i did a few vinyl to cassette ones with great results. But i am very interested in LP to cd

Default Cart

Cart
    Attached Images

The PL120 isn't a bad table, for what it is. Looks like your using an AT95E right now. That's supposed to be a fair cartridge. If the stylus is worn, you could replace it. For upgrades, I've heard good things about the Shure M97XE and AT1440mLA. I used a Denon DL160 on my PL120 for awhile and still have it as a backup cartridge for my Technics. The DL160 is discontinued now, but they do come up every once in awhile. The DL110 would be a close substitute. The Denons are Moving Coil carts, so they tend to cost a little more. Sometimes you can catch the AT1440s on sale at around 100.00 bucks on amazon. The AT120E/T would be a step up also.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-M97xE-Hi...ds=shure+m97xe

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT440...nica+cartridge

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...nica+cartridge

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DL-110-O...ds=denon+dl160

Best bang for the buck out of these would be the Shure M97 or the Denon DL110, IMO.

Decisions, decisions
    Last edited by Keiko; 05-07-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks. I was looking at the Shure & it seems as though there were alot of people using them with good reaults. Ive been using the other tables for listening & only got so many plays on the AT120 id have to look at my notebooki keep track of each play on. The stock one works ok. At least for a person that is just getting into recording like me

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at the Shure & it seems as though there were alot of people using them with good reaults. Ive been using the other tables for listening & only got so many plays on the AT120 id have to look at my notebooki keep track of each play on. The stock one works ok. At least for a person that is just getting into recording like me
    The 120 is a decent table, but I could never get over those chessy, hard-wired ICs. Their new offering looks pretty good and gives the user the choice.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

Thread Information