Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Any Motorcycle Enthusiast

Its a beautiful day in Maine @ 60+ degrees up here today. Washed the bike & put a whopping 15 miles on it. Am i getting old or just a lazy a$$. Seems like i enjoy music more the older i get. Use to put 5-6000 miles on it. Last few years 6-1000 miles ? Now the daughter has to pry me away from the house when im not working. The BIG 50 is coming up :( ... It was enjoyable to get out & hope to put more miles on this year. I really do enjoy motorcycles & getting fresh air in your face
    Attached Images  

Boston,

Start by having a sandwich and getting back out there!!! It's a beatiful day here in Maryland as well. I committed the cardinal sin this winter by putting her away without fresh oil. I need to change the oil before I go out.

I have ridden since I was 11 (now 60)

I still have three bikes and have not ridden any of them for over ten years. Being the sole employee ay my own business left no time for anything else.
    And now that I have hit the ripe old age of 60, and I live in the cell phone capitol of the world, it's no longer safe to ride here.
    Last time I rode texting was just getting started, and now, years later it's so common I want to buy a tank to drive around in.
    I have been stopped at a light and gotten "tapped" from the back several times.
    If I had been on one of my motorcycles I would have been punted out into the cross traffic and killed.

Maybe if I move out of the city I will start riding again.

^^^^ not that bad here YET thank god. Ive learned to drive slow & it seems to work. D_M the sandwich thing is funny. Id eat to much & need the couch

Great looking bike... I feel your pain with every passing year. Used to live to ride, slam gears in the muscle cars, now I think any long distance bike trips would leave my back reminding once again that I'm getting old. Had a blast one year attending the 50th Sturgis motorcycle rally in SD. That was about a 350 mile trip one way and rained most of the way there...had no rain gear of course. Stopped at a camp ground and they gave us trash bags to shed the worst of it.... needless to say we looked the part when pulling in. You could plan to attend Sturgis this year and really rack up some miles...lol

Quote Originally Posted by amb426amb1 View Post
    Great looking bike... I feel your pain with every passing year. Used to live to ride, slam gears in the muscle cars, now I think any long distance bike trips would leave my back reminding once again that I'm getting old. Had a blast one year attending the 50th Sturgis motorcycle rally in SD. That was about a 350 mile trip one way and rained most of the way there...had no rain gear of course. Stopped at a camp ground and they gave us trash bags to shed the worst of it.... needless to say we looked the part when pulling in. You could plan to attend Sturgis this year and really rack up some miles...lol
    i use to go to Laconia NH bike week & would haul tent & had a blast 20 years ago. Enjoyed it alot. I cant ride 1 hour now without stopping. Sturgis LOL ive had chances. No way. Matter of fact friends of ours rode out & got married there. Funny thing is she flew out & rode back LOL. Come on yall wanna see some of those fast bikes out there. Even mopeds

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Here ya go. Went for a short ride today, temps are low 60's but the wind is blowing pretty hard up on the bluffs. I still try to average a decent amount of mileage every year. It's a '09 with almost 25,000 on it. I really like riding but with the employment I have now it's not been easy, at all. Not a real fast bike but doesn't need to be. It's gets the wife and I where we want to go...
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I am another Wisconsin V-Stom rider.

Going to the spring Crud Run in Leland WI tomorrow.

If you can go, check it out.
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

This is my ride... 2005 FJR 1300. Rode once this season so far. Thinking of getting a middleweight bike like a Triumph street triple or Ducati 848 streetfighter this year.

Attachment 97218
    Attached Images  
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Angelica (the white 2012 Multistrada S Touring):

Sophia (2000 M900i.e.)

Elsa (2013 Husky TE310R):

Rogue (My wife's 2013 Ninja 300):

Track bike (2000 GSXR750)

Next up is a 2015 Ducati Diavel Dark for my wife...
    Then either a 1199, 899 or RSV4 Factory for me in 2016...
    We may be addicts...
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Where's our resident nutter who posted that vid of him falling off his bike on the track, that mad me laugh hard at the chances the average man is willing take for an adrenaline buzz.

Zlt,thats kinda hot that your woman drives a ninja as I would be crying like a little girl going 40 mph on the highwy in my skinny jeans with my neck scarf flapping in the wind.

For some reason, I suspect you are a "Loud pipes saves lives" person.

I am more of a sport bike person, and have never ridden a bike with such high handlebars. How does that affect handling? My guess would be it makes it very hard to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    For some reason, I suspect you are a "Loud pipes saves lives" person.

I am more of a sport bike person, and have never ridden a bike with such high handlebars. How does that affect handling? My guess would be it makes it very hard to handle.
    if your talking about the Fatboy-when i sit on it my arms are straight out. Not as bad as it appears . I like sportbikes & my son has one & yes the baffles have been altered

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    Where's our resident nutter who posted that vid of him falling off his bike on the track, that mad me laugh hard at the chances the average man is willing take for an adrenaline buzz.

Zlt,thats kinda hot that your woman drives a ninja as I would be crying like a little girl going 40 mph on the highwy in my skinny jeans with my neck scarf flapping in the wind.
    That would be me. haha

This is me on my bike, well, kind of 'on' my bike.

This is me definitely NOT on my bike

-Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

On the bike picture is cool as heck pic

When I was in high school, I bought a used 1982 CR480R, well actually I traded something for it. This bike was later replaced by the CR500. It was the hardest thing to kick over, tons of comp and a left footed kick starter that would destroy the toughest of shins. It had a 4 speed transmission. While it put out a lot of power (51 horses, if I remember correctly) it didn’t handle that well, and had a badly spaced gearbox. It was strictly an off road bike, but one day I was riding it on the street and got creamed by a car. They didn't acknowledge my right of way and turned in their driveway right in front of me. FAIL!

Name:  rim.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  353.1 KB
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14 PC's
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000 | Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Just got home from rumbling around on my 2011 Harley Fat Bob.
    Attached Images  
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Strong Bad. Now im not so good with the newer HD's what is that a 158? CC With a 6 speed... The newer size cc's took over the 1450's... How often do you hit 6th gear ? Just over 55mph? I test drove a new bagger but going from 6 generations of softails it didnt cut it for me. So i oped out in 2011 for a new bike. Thats a nice ride ya got there. Does the crosswinds bother those rims?
    HOLY CRAP HERMITISM.....
    Last edited by boston1450; 05-04-2014 at 07:29 PM.

You guys are tempting me to get another bike with all the pictures, especially the Duc's. I have been riding sport bikes for, not quite 15 years, and have been "between bikes" for last 2 years. I am really starting to get the itch again. My last bike was the Triumph Speed Triple, which I loved and I am considering another, but I am really diggin the new Yamaha FZ-09. Any of you sport bike guys had a chance to ride one. Seems to be a bargain at $8000.
    Sources-Pro-ject Debut Carbon,Sony Bdp-s5100,Toshiba HD-a3(cd transport)
    Processing and Power-Onkyo TX-NR717, ATI AT1202
    Mains-Polk Audio RTi12's
    Display- LG 60PA6500
    Misc. Panamax m4300 conditioner, Blue Jeans Ten White, Blue Jeans LC1 ICs.

Here is a picture of my bike. 20 years young.

Name:  sporty.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  58.5 KB
    HT
    Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/PWS111 Sub
    2CH
    NAD 304 integrated/NAD 402 tuner/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RT2000p
    BR
    Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Here is my baby:
    Name:  bike2014.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  153.6 KB

Used to ride a lot. After a baby was born, I find that a rare ride I can manage is more about the scenery than a bike, so may trade for more of a cruiser in the next couple of years.

^^^^ that bike would make me feel 20 again

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    ^^^^ that bike would make me feel 20 again
    Yeah, makes me feel like I just got a license, but the laws in our crazy province are plain stupid - you go 35 mph over, your bike and your license will be taken from you on the spot. And obviously no time for the track nowadays.

Clocked 19K the first year (which is A Lot in Michigan) . . . not so much as of late

but the oil changed and she's running well
    Attached Images
    Mains Polk SDA SRS 2 (modified) Sub M&K MX-100
    Power Pass Aleph 30 & Adcom GFA 5802
    Power Conditioner Furman Elite 15 PF i
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    Wires MIT S3.3

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Ummm, Glenndog, looked at your pics and the roof seems nice, along with the wires in the second pic, just sayin'...

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Strong Bad. Now im not so good with the newer HD's what is that a 158? CC With a 6 speed... The newer size cc's took over the 1450's... How often do you hit 6th gear ? Just over 55mph? I test drove a new bagger but going from 6 generations of softails it didnt cut it for me. So i oped out in 2011 for a new bike. Thats a nice ride ya got there. Does the crosswinds bother those rims?
    HOLY CRAP HERMITISM.....
    Boston, it's the 96ci 1584cc 6 speed. BEFORE I had the stage one mods done, i'd hit 6th around 55-60 since the stock exhaust would choke off the motor. AFTER the stage one and everything was opened up, I don't hit 6th till around 75-80. Sometimes the crosswinds can get a little challenging with those rims. All in all, it's a great bike! The fatter tires and slightly shorter wheelbase makes this an awesome handling and aggressive bike. It's a blast! I'm so glad the warm weather is back!
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Quote Originally Posted by smglbrth View Post
    ummm, glenndog, looked at your pics and the roof seems nice, along with the wires in the second pic, just sayin'...
    lmao :)

I hit 2nd gear at 72.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I have been riding for over 30 years now, but sadly have been bikeless for about 5 years. Jumped back an forth between sportbikes and cruisers; YZF's, RoadStar, Honda magna, etc, etc,

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    Boston, it's the 96ci 1584cc 6 speed. BEFORE I had the stage one mods done, i'd hit 6th around 55-60 since the stock exhaust would choke off the motor. AFTER the stage one and everything was opened up, I don't hit 6th till around 75-80. Sometimes the crosswinds can get a little challenging with those rims. All in all, it's a great bike! The fatter tires and slightly shorter wheelbase makes this an awesome handling and aggressive bike. It's a blast! I'm so glad the warm weather is back!
    much better than the narrow tire :) when they came out with that model i thought they did well. Very impressive. Back in early 2000' when they came out with the VRod i was thinking they wouldnt last. Then they came out with more accs for them & then they came out with the dual exhaust Muscle model & i really wanted one. But i knew id be getting speeding tickets or killed. Boy what a machine. I through some long shots on my 2005 pictured. Often thought of putting duals on it but i think it would take away the old school look that i like. I put all the accs -apes driving lights braided lines saddle bags & all other accs on myself. Had a big bore kit by LA HD & Power Command & Mapped by the dealer. Like you i enjoy it alot :)
    Last edited by boston1450; 05-06-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630
    Pioneer-SA9800-TXd1000-CTf9191-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet :( undecided ???

Thread Information