Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Douglas Custom Cables Review

had a great time this weekend doug, this one's for you. sorry it took so long to get in the lineup.
    http://www.stereomojo.com/Swisscable...blesReview.htm
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice review Marvin! really like your warning message about non-plated copper banana's

Hope you feeling alright after that weekend :)

Glad you're enjoying your cable from Doug. Nothing but great positives from a vendor like that. I too have enjoyed my purchases from Doug.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Thank you very much for the informative break down on these entry level products from Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by amb426amb1 View Post
    Thank you very much for the informative break down on these entry level products from Doug.
    Why do you call them entry level?

RCA brand is what I'd call "entry level" from the likes of Lowes and Home Depot, these cables are mile stones above that.

I'm guessing you probably spend thousands on cables and call that high end?

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Member Sales Rating: (13)

RCA brand is what I'd call "entry level" from the likes of Lowes and Home Depot, these cables are mile stones above that.
    Those would be consumer level, like a $70.00 CDP from Best Buy.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    Why do you call them entry level?

I'm guessing you probably spend thousands on cables and call that high end?
    It's all relative, compared to the other stuff he sells these are his entry level offering.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

I'm using the likes of wall-mart stuff and have been spending time looking at higher end alternatives. These are very entry level as stated in the review. I'm at the cheep bastard level after spending time on the Douglas connection site.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

[QUOTE=amb426amb1;2044944]I'm using the likes of wall-mart stuff and have been spending time looking at higher end alternatives. These are very entry level as stated in the review. I'm at the cheep bastard level after spending time on the Douglas connection site.[/QUOTE

You don't have to go from Wal-mart stuff to high end, there's a lot of cable real estate in between.

I use to think I was the king of speaker cable making LOL :)

til I came here and read otherwise, & learn the best lesson ever from you all here, that you have to take a chance and try better cables to know if there is a difference, so I 1st got some AQ type 4 no frills from AA for about $100, then some Rocket 33's.

Now I want to try some Douglas connections alpha's... then I keep what I like the best and give the others to my brother :)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Did you notice any improvement along the way ? Better....worse ...none ? What did your ears tell ya ?

I'll end up buying raw cable and pick some ends for speaker and IC's to make my transition into better sounding cables. Love the DIY projects and helps me take baby steps with the wallet on this section of upgrades.

The SQ got better each time, as I started noticing a little better sound I change out the IC's also, then when I went to a pre-amp + Amp everything got really better, cause I think (not sure) that everything was starting to burned in (cables & all) and I was using better sources (45rpm vinyl & SACD)

Thats why I looking at maybe another upgrade. Just can't stop it once the ear's want more. (does it ever stop). maybe a P3 power plant ect... I'm already adding some isolation feet's.

Quote Originally Posted by amb426amb1 View Post
    I'm using the likes of wall-mart stuff and have been spending time looking at higher end alternatives. These are very entry level as stated in the review. I'm at the cheep bastard level after spending time on the Douglas connection site.
    Sorry man, my reply looked a tad bit forward.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Thread Information