Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thumbs up finally the pre/amp is mine

My venerable Onkyo P-301 finally lost a channel and no matter what i/c I used it was dead. I saw this guy's ad on C/L for sometme now and we got the logistics down and I saw him early Sunday morning. He does run some high quality stuff here. We 1st enter his den where he has what appears to be older Studio 2Bs w/ the 2 tweeters, 3 midrange woofers and a passive. As side by side my 2Bs got those beat easily. They were powered w/ a Sansui Integrated black face and a nice Sony cdp. He says lets go to the basement where the big stuff is.I get down there and I do see 1.2TL monoliths and some NHT towers. These also were powered by Sansui Integrated, other sources and these did rock. Finally I heard larger than life Polks for the 1st time. He said he was not a formal Forum player, but he did know of Sal's transformation from the dumpster to the museum pieces they are now. He gets to what I want which is a replacement of my P301 and the p-3150v does a great job, has all the same inputs and motorized remote control. He's heavily into computer work and told him he should join up. He does sell a bunch of stuff. In the living room it was like peering into Doc Hardy's house w/ all the Yamaha amps and pres. Here he had some B&W on stands and all this stuff works. So now where I stand, I have a great working system w/ the Polk 2B x-overs out and mailed already to Trey.Can I solder, yes but I'll defer to the pro here w/ no reservations. It seems my Photobucket skills has eluded me again. Beleive me if I could do this there would be like 10 nice shots of his stuff. Looks like I'm heading back to the library for lessons on the weekend. I can't take this crap anymore.....Lew

Oh, just to throw this out there, he uses 14gu clear w/bananas and doesn't really have a boutique cable or i/c out in any of those 4or 5 systems I saw. He does believe in Rodger Russel....
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet- Niles - 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax- KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Member Sales Rating: (2)

upload 'em to your Flikr & I'll post 'em for you ;-)

... so did you get existing hardware rehabbed or grab a couple of new pieces? I wasn't sure from a quick scan of your post :-(
    Sorry!
    all the best,
    mrh

Member Sales Rating: (1)

You had me until the last part. Congrats on the new toy.

Nice story, particularly the last part. Sounds like a smart man.

Still think you could have done better LW. I know your on a budget and all, but this could have upped your game considerably for not a lot of scratch.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4453531020.html

Thread Information