Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Smile Great Customer Service - Bosch Tools

I have a Bosch router that is one of the best routers I own, other than the magnesium motor housing grows a grey corrosion that I have used a couple of jars of Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish over the last 12 years to try and clean the corrosion off. If you leave the router motor in the D-Handle base, the corrosion will lock them together and you have to beat them apart. I sent an email to Bosch customer service asking if there was anything I could use on the motor housing to stop the corrosion? I told them I had owned this router for at least 12 years. They said to send it in and they would replace the magnesium motor housing with an updated aluminum motor housing ............ Yeah! I just had a call from them telling me that my bottom bearing was making some noise and my on/off switch was arcing a little ............ and by the way ............ we'll also replace those for free while it's here. This is why you buy the good tools!
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Cool man, one of my best friends just retired as the VP of sales for Bosch. Fantastic company to work for and they take pride in everything they make. Another tidbit...Bosch makes 90% of all jigsaw blades on the market. They just slap another brand name on them.

They have factories all over Europe. One in particle is up in the Alps, you'd think it was a high end ski resort. They employ everyone in towns around them and give them benefits up the wazoo. However, my friend says they have guys for 30 yrs, been putting the same screw in the same hole. That would drive me insane.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    This is why you buy the good tools!
    I dunno about that... I dont think I would ever buy some of the tools from around here *cough** PFB **cough**
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have a Bosch Bulldog rotary hammer drill....it will certainly get the job done when called upon...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    I have a Bosch Bulldog rotary hammer drill....it will certainly get the job done when called upon...
    You use those SDS bits in it ? Least I think that's what they call them....those suck imho. The Bosch hammer/drill is one of the best out there though.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I have a small Bosch rotary hammer that with a scrapper blade has taken up thousands of sq ft of ceramic tile. My big rotary destruction hammer is a Milwaukee.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (4)

The Bosch hammer drill is a wonderful thing.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information