Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Default 2014 NFL Draft

Nobody else excited about this? I'm just praying my 'boys don't pick Manziel. :(
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (45)

Super exited. For some odd reason the draft is one of my favorite sporting events. Maybe because as a Browns fan it gives me hope. The reality hits when the season gets underway and we stink just like every other year lol.

Manziel could be a Brown after tonight............
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I love the draft as well.

Just getting off work now to head home and watch.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Wow just wow
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I wish I could say I don't care... but I do. Right now there is a 32 way tie for the Super Bowl Championship, and God knows I want the Vikings to take it all.

Statistics are not with them however as they have been pathetic when playing out-doors, and most of their games will be just that for the next couple years. Hopefully, they draft smart, groom them well, and are ready to open their new home with style.

Johnny Football is still cooling his jets as I type this. There is only one guy I would love to see go undrafted, and it is that arrogant S.O.B...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

OMG - Johnny will be there at 16. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daboyz View Post
    OMG - Johnny will be there at 16. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

And they passed!

I think he now falls into the second round.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Whew!! Great pick for us IMHO with Martin. I'm happy so far. I think Johnny gets picked at 26.

Well, Favre thinks Johnny looks the most like he did early in his career and is the biggest playmaker in this year's draft. Same goes for Fran Tarkenton. Roger Staubach had nothing but praise for Johnny.

That was apparently too much likelihood of excitement for the Vikings, so they couldn't do it...Ponder (deemed the "most pro-ready QB" of the 2011 draft) and Cassel to the Super Bowl, Baby!!

Manziel could be a Brown after tonight............
    Called it! :)

Called it! :)
    And with that, the Browns are now a team to watch! : )

And Vince Young just became unemployed again! : (

Member Sales Rating: (20)

It seems to be a good draft so far for Cleveland, I'm hoping we all get to see lots of manziel next year.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    It seems to be a good draft so far for Cleveland, I'm hoping we all get to see lots of manziel next year.
    They have played the best chess game so far. If they pick up a good receiver and Johnny delivers over the next couple years...watch out

As history tells Qb's are the biggest gambles but if this pays off....damn....deals of the century with Josh Gordon and Company
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Happy with day one... Barr and Bridgewater. Losing a guy like Jared Allen sucks, and he leaves some huge shoes to fill, and Barr has the potential to fill them. The Vikings really have not had a QB since Daunte Cullpepper blew his knees out. Bridgewater seems to be a smart athlete in terms of the game. Give the Vikings a couple years to develop the talent they have picked up over the past couple of drafts, and they could very well be the team to beat when they get into the house that A.P. built.

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Happy with day one... Barr and Bridgewater. Losing a guy like Jared Allen sucks, and he leaves some huge shoes to fill, and Barr has the potential to fill them. The Vikings really have not had a QB since Daunte Cullpepper blew his knees out. Bridgewater seems to be a smart athlete in terms of the game. Give the Vikings a couple years to develop the talent they have picked up over the past couple of drafts, and they could very well be the team to beat when they get into the house that A.P. built.
    True that! However, they would have been on the faster track there had they traded A.P. away while he still had some good value and kept Toby Gerhart, a very powerful back who is also a superb blocker and can catch passes out of the backfield. They say they're going to work on adding these things to A.P.'s repertoire, but after several seasons of seeing otherwise, I'm not going to hold my breath on better than mediocrity in those parts of his game.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    Interesting. I didn't think that Gilbert was that great of a pick. I think there were better CB's to choose from.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Another speedy wideout for our second year QB, Sammy Watkins from Clemson, hopefully he produces, cost us next years number one and four picks. But good addition to Goodwin, Johnson and Woods.
    HT set up / Living Room
    Sony STR-DN2010
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CS2
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio / Dining room / Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio R150's / polk
    audio Atrium 5
    Back Office / Guitar Jam Room
    Sony STR-K665P 5.1 setup

They were saying in Buffalo that if the Bills don't make the playoffs, this was a bad move.
    What are use guys hearing? Go Brownsbills! Or is that, go Billsbrowns!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimKellyfan View Post
    Another speedy wideout for our second year QB, Sammy Watkins from Clemson, hopefully he produces, cost us next years number one and four picks. But good addition to Goodwin, Johnson and Woods.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Hoping the Texans take Jimmy Garappolo in round 2. A sleeper of a story.
    Strictly 2 channel
    Rotel RC-1550 pre
    Rotel RB-1582 amp
    Catcables Kingcats ICs
    APC S-20 line conditioner
    B&W N804 mains
    B&W ASW800 sub
    Rotel RCC-1055 changer
    Denon DVD 1000

Listening Room:
    McIntosh C2300 preamp
    McIntosh MC452 amp
    McIntosh MCD-500 SACD player
    AQ Colorado XLR ICs
    AQ Columbia ICs
    APC H-15 line conditioner
    Sonus faber Auditor M speakers w/stands
    REL B1 subwoofer
    Rega P9 w/Lyra Delos
    Pioneer RT-707 R2R
    Zu power cables & XLRs

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I find it intersting that this is the third draft in a row (I think?) that no rb was chosen in the first round. No one cares about running backs anymore. Total passing league. Which is why the Vikings are terrible and yet have the the best RB in the world.

I'm not too thrilled with the draft thus far. The Steelers need a CB. They have needed a CB for the last 3 drafts. And yet another 1st round pick on a LB. I remember when they would pick up "tweeners" in the latter rounds and turn them into superstars. They haven't had any luck doing that with DB's.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Pioneer Elite DV-47A CD/SACD/DVD-A Player
    Denon DNP-720AE Network Player
    Thorens TD320 & TD145
    Dared SL2000 upgraded by George Grand
    Adcom GFA5800 Amplifier
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    Douglas Connection Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by krabby5 View Post
    I find it intersting that this is the third draft in a row (I think?) that no rb was chosen in the first round. No one cares about running backs anymore. Total passing league. Which is why the Vikings are terrible and yet have the the best RB in the world.
    Mark Ingram - 2011, Trent Richardson - 2012
    Sources-Pro-ject Debut Carbon,Sony Bdp-s5100,Toshiba HD-a3(cd transport)
    Processing and Power-Onkyo TX-NR717, ATI AT1202
    Mains-Polk Audio RTi12's
    Display- LG 60PA6500
    Misc. Panamax m4300 conditioner, Blue Jeans Ten White, Blue Jeans LC1 ICs.

Im excited about the outcome of my Browns 1st round. Although I belIeve Hoyer can get the job done, Johnny Football may bring the much needed excitement to the team.
    Sources-Pro-ject Debut Carbon,Sony Bdp-s5100,Toshiba HD-a3(cd transport)
    Processing and Power-Onkyo TX-NR717, ATI AT1202
    Mains-Polk Audio RTi12's
    Display- LG 60PA6500
    Misc. Panamax m4300 conditioner, Blue Jeans Ten White, Blue Jeans LC1 ICs.

Quote Originally Posted by teekay0007 View Post
    Well, Favre thinks Johnny looks the most like he did early in his career...

Yep... that is a sound endorsement from the INT King.

Boyz trade up with skins and grab demarcus lawrence... great move... get players that can play!!! They need a MLB that can stay in the lineup... Sorry Sean Lee but you are injury prone and can't get it done. Single biggest reason Boys missed playoffs last 2 seasons was he was hurt and backups could not get it done.
    Last edited by Mikey081057; 05-09-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by jeremymarcinko View Post
    Im excited about the outcome of my Browns 1st round. Although I belIeve Hoyer can get the job done, Johnny Football may bring the much needed excitement to the team.
    Kinda sucks the Browns lost Gordon for the year thanks to his reefer madness

Quote Originally Posted by adschnei View Post
    Kinda sucks the Browns lost Gordon for the year thanks to his reefer madness
    They could always trade him to Seattle or Denver.

Thread Information