Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop59 View Post
    Try the phantom center option before u go cutting. U might like it!

It'll still work with the psw505. Or u might try an energy rc-mini or def tech pro center 1000.
    RT, let me look into that (both options).

Dude, go with an XS15 from Power Sound Audio. I emailed them about two months back and who answered the phone but Tom Vodhanel himself! He's the co-owner. That was all the reason I needed and we spent many emails making sure I made the right choice. I don't know what you consider a high price point for an amp but it cost me about $750 including shipping and it arrive to me in three days.

Another sub I almost got was the HSU STF-2 which was $559 plus $67 shipping. It has a 10" down-firing sub with a 250 watt/1000 watt peak amp. There are 2 round vent holes in the back where you can choose to insert the included foam plugs into one or both ports. Sealing off the sub's ports will provide better, tighter bass for music and keeping the sub's ports open will be better for home theater.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. If I had listened to the guys here when I first got involved in audio I wouldn't have gone through four speaker sets, three AVRs, and two subs. It seems like a lot but in the long run you'll be saving money if you do it right the first time. I calculated the cost of the system I have now and then calculated all the upgrades previously and of course I spent more going through upgrade after upgrade. I hope this helps.
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Not to be a contrarian but, doesn't almost EVERYONE here ALWAYS advise spending MORE rather than less, going BIGGER rather than smaller, upping your POWER rather than lowering it, etc.

If you actually listened to the advice most give HERE, your kids would be lucky to graduate some second rate Community College and work in fast food? lol

Besides. Audio is a journey, does anyone jump into it knowing exactly where they will end up? Some of the older members (older in member years, that is) know this VERY well!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 06-09-2014 at 11:56 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Not to be a contrarian but, doesn't almost EVERYONE here ALWAYS advise spending MORE rather than less, going BIGGER rather than smaller, upping your POWER rather than lowering it, etc.

If you actually listened to the advice most give HERE, your kids would be lucky to graduate some second rate Community College and work in fast food? lol

Besides. Audio is a journey, does anyone jump into it knowing exactly where they will end up? Some of the older members (older in member years, that is) know this VERY well!

cnh
    I am not disagreeing with you at all. Quite the contrary. Go big or go home.
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

Quote Originally Posted by ROHfan View Post
    Bottom line, you get what you pay for. If I had listened to the guys here when I first got involved in audio I wouldn't have gone through four speaker sets, three AVRs, and two subs. It seems like a lot but in the long run you'll be saving money if you do it right the first time. I calculated the cost of the system I have now and then calculated all the upgrades previously and of course I spent more going through upgrade after upgrade. I hope this helps.
    I will say that this is true for me as well, if I had skipped even have of my "upgrades" over the years I could one kick a$$ setup. BUT, I would have lost out on a lot of fun along the way, and I wouldn't have the knowledge of various setups that I have now without the journey. Also, as a side note my wife tolerates the buying and selling and incremental upgrades, but would I don't know if she would have ever tolerated my slapping down several grand in one single purchase even if I had saved it up slowly. YMMV...

Don't know if this was mentioned, but the correct center channel timbre match from Polk for the 75T's would be either the 25c (I'm running that with my 75Ts) or the 15c. The 15c is 7/8" less deep than the CS10 if that helps any with the space you have.

15C: 21.5 x 13 x 11 inches ; 14 pounds

CS10: 9.8 x 20 x 6.5 inches ; 16 pounds

If these are correct, then even if the LxWxD measurements are mixed up, the 15C is still deeper
    But, these dimensions come from Amazon, so who knows? They could be wrong. The dimensions at this site are shorter. It looks nice but I would need the black finish, so I'll have to look around. On the positive side, the SC-1523-K comes today, so I'm AMP-ed!! (pun intended).
    Last edited by Talon_Sr; 06-12-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Pioneer SC-1523-K and VSX-1018AH-K; Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, Pioneer S-HF11C Center, Cerwin Vega VE-5M surrounds and backs; Polk PSW-505 with Mediabridge SW cable; Onkyo SKW-204 with Mediabridge SW cable; Oppo BDP-103; Akai GX-255 Open Reel, DBX 228 Dynamic Range Expander & Type II Tape NR

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Sr View Post
    15C: 21.5 x 13 x 11 inches ; 14 pounds

CS10: 9.8 x 20 x 6.5 inches ; 16 pounds

If these are correct, then even if the LxWxD measurements are mixed up, the 15C is still deeper
    But, these dimensions come from Amazon, so who knows? They could be wrong. The dimensions at this site are shorter. It looks nice but I would need the black finish, so I'll have to look around. On the positive side, the SC-1523-K comes today, so I'm AMP-ed!! (pun intended).
    Polk shows the CS10 to be 9 3/4" deep and the 15c to be 8 7/8" deep, and personally I'd take their measurements over anything from Amazon. Also, both are available in cherry or black finish. Have fun with your new AVR!

Thanks TR. Yeah I think Amazon is FUBAR. Where exactly have you seen it selling in black? I looked everywhere.
    Pioneer SC-1523-K and VSX-1018AH-K; Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, Pioneer S-HF11C Center, Cerwin Vega VE-5M surrounds and backs; Polk PSW-505 with Mediabridge SW cable; Onkyo SKW-204 with Mediabridge SW cable; Oppo BDP-103; Akai GX-255 Open Reel, DBX 228 Dynamic Range Expander & Type II Tape NR

Thanks TR. Yeah I think Amazon is FUBAR. Where exactly have you seen it selling in black? I looked everywhere.
    Right here on Polk's web site. Go to "Products" at the top of the page, both centers are available in both colors. As for where you're buying them, that could vary. Check out Polk, BB, Amazon, Newegg, etc....

I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but also check out Polk's eBay store. They sell new and refurbs, both come with a warranty. They have great prices there!
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14 PC's
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000 | Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

Yeah, what Herm said. The 15c in black seems to be MIA at a lot of places for some reason. I typed in "Polk 15c" at their ebay site and this picture popped up. Doesn't look like a center channel to me. Anyone have a guess where the drivers might be?
    Attached Images  

Wink

IDK, but I'll bet there's a slotted bass port if you look hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    I typed in "Polk 15c" at their ebay site and this picture popped up. Doesn't look like a center channel to me. Anyone have a guess where the drivers might be?
    That center channel seems to "image" well!
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14 PC's
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000 | Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi5 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds, CSi3 Single Rear | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW SC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M850 SW-12, ULT I1000FO-4 IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

Ok one more and that's it. "Boy, I'd really enjoy hooking that up with my Monster cable."

How about ......"it's nice and has a full bodied sound, but I prefer vinyl"....

Pretty good TR. This is starting to remind me of an old LP I have called "Toys in the Attic" by [well, you know]. The song "Big Ten Inch Record". Innuendo after innuendo. Btw, I always tried to get the Mobile Fidelity Labs' Original Master copy of those LPs. Still have pretty many of those.
    Last edited by Talon_Sr; 06-12-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Pretty good TR. This is starting to remind me of an old LP I have called "Toys in the Attic" by [well, you know]. The song "Big Ten Inch Record". Innuendo after innuendo. Btw, I always tried to get the Mobile Fidelity Labs' Original Master copy of those LPs. Still have pretty many of those.
    I had a few of those years ago, Cosmo's Factory etc, somehow my son ended up with them all...

Thread Information