Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Smile Need help setting up my DSW PRO 660 Wi Subwoofer

Hi everyone, just got my DSW PRO 660 Wi sub along with RTi A5 ,A1 , CSi A4 speakers.

I have done all the connections and it's all playing and sounding ok but I have no idea what volume and frequencies to set for my subwoofer to get the best effect for movies and music.

There is something known as crossover too , please let me know the setting for all speakers if any owners with the same setup are here. Also my receiver is the Marantz SR6008.

Thanks.

Guy's need your help. I'm not able to feel my sub ? I want it to overtake my speakers at 50% volume but it's so mild. Can't believe it's a 300 RMS sub.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

How exactly do you have the sub connected to your Marantz - and how have you set up the Marantz for Bass Management options and settings?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    How exactly do you have the sub connected to your Marantz - and how have you set up the Marantz for Bass Management options and settings?
    I've connected the sub to my Marantz with a single subwoofer cable from the sub in LFE port to the subwoofer pre out in zone 2 in my receiver.

There is a switch in the subwoofer which I have left it in LFE mode and there is knob for frequency which I have turned it fully to the left at 80 Hz.

In my receiver's Bass management option I have set crossover frequency at 40 Hz for all channel and subwoofer volume/ frequency is 2 db.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Most subs when connected to their LFE input bypass the crossover and it sounds like you have everything set up correct - except maybe the 40hz setting on the Marantz, which is kinda low, imo.

If you are listening to music, at 40 hz, the sub is only going to be filling in the lowest bass from music - so you may not here it 'overtake' your main speakers, it would be a more subtle effect. Have you tried turning the sub off altogether to hear what effect it has?

You may want to start over with the Marantz at 80hz, which is the 'recommended' crossover freq for Home Theater. See how that sounds and experiment from there.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    Most subs when connected to their LFE input bypass the crossover and it sounds like you have everything set up correct - except maybe the 40hz setting on the Marantz, which is kinda low, imo.

If you are listening to music, at 40 hz, the sub is only going to be filling in the lowest bass from music - so you may not here it 'overtake' your main speakers, it would be a more subtle effect. Have you tried turning the sub off altogether to hear what effect it has?

You may want to start over with the Marantz at 80hz, which is the 'recommended' crossover freq for Home Theater. See how that sounds and experiment from there.
    On my receiver under speakers/crossover I just have 2 options as below

1) Speaker selection : All

All : set to 80 Hz

2) Speaker selection : Individual

Front : 80 Hz
    Center : 40 Hz
    Surround : 60 Hz

Under Speakers/Bass

Subwoofer Mode : LFE
    LPF for LFE is set at 90 Hz

Under Audio/Subwoofer Level

Subwoofer Level : -3.0 dB

The thing is under individual speaker selection when I increase the center frequency from 40Hz to 80Hz the bass increases , how is that possible ? Doesn't center mean the center speakers ?

Also is there a break-in or run-in period for the subwoofers and speakers to reach its true potential ?
    Last edited by stanjohn123; 06-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information