Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Thumbs up I'm now a believer in cables...And I'm offering a Karma

dFigured I would post this here as the 2 channel group seems to have an open mind about cabling.

So a few years ago I was in the "cables don't matter" camp but I do not belong to that camp any more. I adapted and evolved right along with my gear.

Here is the upgraded cabling installed in my rig tonight:
    Pangea AC-9 for my Emo XPA-3
    Pangea AC-9 for my Oppo
    Pangea AC-14 for my Mapletree tube preamp
    Kimber Cable "Tonics" for ICs
    Audioquest "Type 2" speaker cables

Bear in mind that I was previously using cheap crap from Home Depot and Rat Shack.

I turned on the tube amp and let it warm up for about a half hour, then it was on to listening.

Let me get to the point...my jaw is still on the ground. It's making me drool on the keyboard as I type :) My speakers never sounded this sweet.

I started with my usual Flim and the BB's which I use to evaluate speakers. Then it was on to Paul Simon, right into Diana Krall, some selections from "Vocal Jazz, Hear and Now," Rush's "Permanent wave" and ended up with Supertramp's "Breakfast in America."

I don't know what part of the chain of cables caused the difference (surely the tube preamp made the most noticeable impact) but the whole sound now is fuller, bass is better and tighter, and I now want to listen to my entire CD collection again. It's exciting. It's a little bright but that's something that tube rolling might take care of.

So, to all you naysayers about cabling, keep spouting off. I've heard the difference. And for someone who tests copper and certifies fiber optics in the field I figured I'd be the LAST person to defend premium cables. So there you have it.

If I've gotten into any heated debates with any members here in the past about cabling and making a jackass of myself I now apologize to you. I have a LOT to learn. In fact, to make things right, I'm offering, as a Karma, 2 Aura Pro Bass Shakers with a 2ch 15 watt Pyle amp that drives them more than enough. Yours free for the taking because with the PSA XS15 I no longer need them. They are in great shape but one shaker is missing the spring that keeps the lug on when wires are not attached but it is not an issue if you leave a cable in the plug. Local to Long Island can pick up, all others will pay for shipping which will not be crazy. In fact I can probably ship them through my job for nothing.

So PM me a number between 1-25 and the first correct guess wins. I posted the winning number on a Facebook page (not mine) so you'll know nothing's fishy. I will then sen you the facebook page.
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Welcome to the dark side. Your journey has just begun :^ )
    2 channel - Parasound A21 amp, PS Audio PWD MKII w/bridge, modded EE Minimax pre, ML Source speakers, Kimber 4TC, Gabriel Gold Rapture V3/Silnote Morpheus Ref. II IC's, Ps Audio AC5, AC3 and Pangea AC14XL power cords
    HT - Pio. Elite VSX21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panny DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk RC85i in-wall speakers
    Computer - Windows 7/JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

We have a winner! It's ZLTFUL .

Here's the website with the #19 in a post to prove there's no funny business. https://www.facebook.com/lifastpitch.fever.
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

Holy crap man. Thanks!
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by ROHfan View Post
    Here is the upgraded cabling installed in my rig tonight:
    Pangea AC-9 for my Emo XPA-3
    Pangea AC-9 for my Oppo
    Pangea AC-14 for my Mapletree tube preamp
    Kimber Cable "Tonics" for ICs
    Audioquest "Type 2" speaker cables
    First, that was very nice karma. Second, your are now in a world of sh!t. Pangea power cords and Kimber Kable Hero ICs are what started me on a crazy exercise of cable/power upgrades.

Have fun.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

damn... that Karma lasted a nanosecond...

Congrats, and welcome to the downward rim of the rabbit hole.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I adapted and evolved right along with my gear.
    Good man.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Good for you man. Just a willingness to try is all you need....and your ears.

Glad your enjoying it all :) Nice Karma Brother!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Welcome to the club! All it took was an open mind and a willingness to spend some $$$ to find out for yourself.

Cables Matter, period!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

As a recent fellow inductee into better quality speaker cables....your in the rabbit hole now...now I'm sitting here considering some locally sourced Audioquest interconnects for the big system...it's only money, right ? lol
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    ...it's only money, right ? lol
    Money well spent! lol

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Great karma. Glad you cables make you happy.

Congrats man, I bet those speakers just keep sounding better and better!
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Far too often a speaker gets blamed for poor sound. Some are smart enough to realize an amp makes a difference, fewer realize cables can be just as important. I'm glad the blinders are off. You aren't the first, and you definitely won't be the last.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Congrats on your new cables. Awesome Karma. With a list of tunes like those what more do you need/want-well maybe more enjoy the music
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Karma ships out to ZLTFUL this week via the wife's company's shipping department. Probably no charge. Just give me a few days to pack it all up real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Good man.
    That doesn't mean I'm not going to argue with you in other threads ;) (j/k)

A couple of thousand years ago Aristotle said that the greatest pleasure by far is the pleasure of learning.

Well done ROHfan! You have learned a very important -- and potentially expensive :~) -- lesson!

Much pleasure to you in your new listening experiences.
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Thread Information