Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Help separating my systems.

So here's the deal. I'm going to have 2 system in my 2 channel room. Each one will be using my computer as a source. I plan on having each system setup as follows:

System 1: Computer -> Optical or Coaxial into my Integrated -> Polk RTA 11TL's
    System 2: Computer -> Optical into my DacMagic -> Sunfire TGP-II -> Parasound HCA-750ii -> Infinity RS-II

So here is where my issue is. For now while both systems share the same rack, I can use the coaxial/optical out of the DacMagic directly into the integrated receiver. However I anticipate possibly locating the systems in 2 different places so I can run the RTA 11TL's and the Infinity's w/o having to move anything around.

So I am in need of something in the 300 dollar range to allow me to use my PC as the same source. I would prefer to not have to switch output devices on my computer, so if its possible to run the DacMagic via the Coaxial out, and then figure out a decent streaming solution to the other system that can do 16/44.1 and send it out via optical or coaxial into my integrated that would be preferable.

I am very interested in the Cambridge Audio NP30 as its got similar features to my DacMagic and a similar look. However its wireless and I may have dropouts as my Squeezebox does downstairs when streaming my high fidelity music. However the NP30 can do wireless N which my Squeezebox cant.

Anyway thoughts appreciated here.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

How about System #1: Computer ->USB to Integrated amp -> RTI 11TL's ? (skipping soundcard but takes a driver)

to use the coaxial or optical I take it you go through the sound card?

Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    How about System #1: Computer ->USB to Integrated amp -> RTI 11TL's ? (skipping soundcard but takes a driver)

to use the coaxial or optical I take it you go through the sound card?
    Integrated has Optical & Coaxial inputs but no USB. The DacMagic has USB if I had to, but I would prefer to not have to switch inputs on my computer to switch systems (i.e. change playback from USB to Coaxial)

Coaxial goes through my onboard soundcard, but I prefer it as I can send in a higher bitrate into the DacMagic over coaxial than USB (24/94 rather than 16/44.1).

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

I think I may just go with a super long coaxial cable out of the DacMagic to the secondary system. That way I can flip between the systems very easy while still using the same output on my computer.

Probably look at using a Coaxial Blue Jeans Cable Belden 1694A in the length of say 25 feet give or take...

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information