Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JBL fun project

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Really basic:

Caps are used in crossovers as part of a filter circuit with resistors and inductors. Used on tweeters alone as protection from low frequency signals (The cap becomes saturated and keeps current from dumping through the tweet if the signal is to low).

Think of it this way, Caps and inductors act as opposites. Caps eat low frequencies, Inductors/Inductor circuits eat high requencies. By combining the two you can control what frequencies can pass through to each speaker and the amplitude
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Lightbulb JBL n28 crossover mod?

Hey Zero,

i know this is an old thread but I have a pair of JBL N28's that I am planning on using inside an old stereo console and replacing the old hardware with nice 70's pioneer receiver and TT. I am pleased with the sound but was looking to get these speakers to sound better!

Could you share what exactly you did? Maybe a parts list? I am pretty hand with a soldering iron and really eager to learn about modding crossovers. From what I've read, most speakers could use a nice boost with regards to the quality of crossover components. My problem is, I know what the parts look like and generally what they do....but definitely wouldn't know where to start in getting the correct parts or what I would look for to upgrade a current crossover.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Thread Information