Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Hockey Playoffs - Who's your team?

First round's started. Who are you rootin for?

For me it's a toss up between Ottawa and Toronto. So I have to say I'm rootin for whoever comes out of that series. I'd like to say I'm partial to Toronto because they haven't won the cup in forever and the city would go balistic if they did win it. On the other hand Ottawa's never won it since they returned to the league and with the financial problems they were faced with last year it'd be cool if they won it too. ;)
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default Re: Hockey Playoffs - Who's your team?

Originally posted by dcarlson
    First round's started. Who are you rootin for?

For me it's a toss up between Ottawa and Toronto. So I have to say I'm rootin for whoever comes out of that series. I'd like to say I'm partial to Toronto because they haven't won the cup in forever and the city would go balistic if they did win it. On the other hand Ottawa's never won it since they returned to the league and with the financial problems they were faced with last year it'd be cool if they won it too. ;)
    I live in Dallas...STARS fan...can't say that I expect to see them in the Cup finals though...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Rootin' for da Flyers... but they were already doomed (again) and now Desjardens is out for the duration...

Kinda like Vancover to go pretty deep this year.

What's gonna be the big surprise KO in the first round this year? Maybe the Lightning by the Isles???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

seccond star to the right and strait on to morning

redwings are my team of choice
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    Sunfire Theater Grand III
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
    Crown xti 4000

How about St. Louis over San Jose? They we're injury riddled and underachieving for most of the season. Before christmas they were touted to content with Detroit for the west.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

TB Baby. back to bacl Eastern Conf Champs!
    Life without music would

I'm silently rootin for TB, as long as they're not playing the Leafs or Sens. ;) In my fantasy hockey pool, I picked up Lecavalier when he started turning his season around and I then traded for St. Louis, the 2 of them carried me to win my pool. :D They're a young, fast, extremely skilled team. The only knock against them is the lack of playoff experience and maybe goaltending. If they can get over that, they have a really good chance.

It's so hard to count any teams out. It's going to be exciting.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Originally posted by dcarlson
    I'm silently rootin for TB, as long as they're not playing the Leafs or Sens. ;) In my fantasy hockey pool, I picked up Lecavalier when he started turning his season around and I then traded for St. Louis, the 2 of them carried me to win my pool. :D They're a young, fast, extremely skilled team. The only knock against them is the lack of playoff experience and maybe goaltending. If they can get over that, they have a really good chance.

It's so hard to count any teams out. It's going to be exciting.
    Yep, look what Anaheim did last year...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I live in Dallas but I'm going with Avalanche on this series.

Calgary - Van -> Calgary
    Flyers - Devils -> Flyers
    TB - Islanders -> Islanders
    Boston - Montreal -> Montreal
    Red Wings - Predators -> Predators
    Ottawa - Toronto -> Toronto
    Blues - Sharks -> NA

These are not my predictions, just who I would be rooting for in each series.

LOL sami....I am a huge Avs fan (duh) but I have a feeling the Stars will take it. So one of us will be wrong!! I hope its me!

If the Avs lose I am hoping a Canadian team wins. The Senators are my favorite Candian team.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Originally posted by avelanchefan
    LOL sami....I am a huge Avs fan (duh) but I have a feeling the Stars will take it. So one of us will be wrong!! I hope its me!
    The way they played last night, also my money would be on Colorado. I was especially glad to see Selanne play so well, getting aggressive now that the regular season is over and it is playoff time.

Pierre did an excellent move with that Phoenix trade (getting Gratton and Vaananen).

Thumbs up

GO LEAFS!!!!!!:D
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."

If the Avs lose I am hoping a Canadian team wins. The Senators are my favorite Candian team.
    Interesting... :D

What do you guys think of the Barnaby pick up?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'm torn. I didn't get to watch the season much at all due to odd work hours and other commitments. However, I do believe that the Flyers and playing the Devils in the first round. I usually root for the Devils and Flyers but I don't know who to go for now.

Thread Information