Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you refurb?

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Default Do you refurb?

Just wondering how folks on this forum feel about purchasing refurbished merchandise.

I recently bought a HK 525 receiver from www.refurbelectronics.com for $469. It was the cheapest price I could find. I was a bit skeptical about ordering a refurbed item, but I must admit that it was a good experience. The receiver looked brand new and the customer service was outstanding. They even e-mailed me a few days after the receiver arrived to see if I had any questions. The only problem I had was they forgot to include the power cord, but I didn't care beacause I had already purchased a replacement cord for it anyway.

What's been your experience with refurbed AV gear?

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I have no reservations about refurbished gear....I would trust refurb gear more than used in most cases....as long as a warranty is in place. That is most likely the case anyhow.

If someone buys gear used, and gets a hard on...they should have no problem with refurbished units.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have no issue at all.

How do you like the 525? I have the 520 and its been hummen along for a few years now.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***

Member Sales Rating: (19)

The 525 is incredible. It replaced a Denon 1803 and the difference is night and day. The HK is much more powerful, despite the rated wpc (Denon at 80 wpc and HK at 70 wpc). Just another example of the specs being meaningless.

I was considering getting the 525 or the new Denon 3805. I decided on the 525 becuase it was less than half the price of the Denon, and the features aren't very different. Denon has Pro Logic IIx and HK has Logic 7; and both have automatic calibration. BTW, the auto calibration on the HK is awesome. The microphone is housed in the remote. Just press two buttons and you're done.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

sometimes refurb gear can be better than new gear...

new gear sometimes has a known issue (like the new Sonys)...regurb gear can just be newer gear with those issues fixed...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

I buy refurb stuff frequently, so long as a warranty is in place.

Enjoy the 525. I just got one last week myself (Open box deal at Circuit City for $399). I really like it so far (replaced a Yammie RXV630). I just wish I could run 7.1 in my rig. Wife won't let me mount anymore speakers on the walls. Dammit.

marantz was refurb.....had a cracked surround card when i got it but it was fixed for free, the only thing i suffered was 3 months with the aiwa receiver, painful i know but liveable. definitely worth the money off. i got it from www.accessories4less.com btw
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

HK AVR7200
    JVC SA600BK DVD Player
    JVC HRS4800 VCR
    JVC XL MC2000 200 Disc CD Changer

All refurb- all warranteed- all still going strong.

DG
    HT
    Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen
    Anthem MRX 300 Receiver
    Pioneer Elite DV45A
    Polk CS350LS
    Polk SDA1C
    Polk FX300
    Polk RT55
    Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz
    ICs-DIY Twisted Prs
    Speaker-Raymond Cable