Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default Yamaha RXV-2400 and Hillcrest HiFi

Are these receivers that hard to get in? Hillcrest HiFi says they can't get any until the end of May...

I've got a friend looking to pick one of these up...

The guy at Hillcrest told him there's a shortage becuase aparently every audiophile in America wants one...

What's up with this receiver???
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Where I work we get monthly shipments of them. By the time the shipment arrives, almost all have been pre-sold. We just got a shipment in yesterday and actually had about 15 extra for 11 stores. 1400's are backordered for us now however.

The release of the Denon 3805 should help the availability of the Yamaha 2400's, since they are somewhat similar. Everyone has been buying the Yamaha because of the room equalizer and the Denon has it too.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Love my Yamaha 1400! you should listen to it. ;)
    Panasonic TH-50PX80U Plasma HDTV
    Polk Audio RT800i (fronts)
    Polk Audio CS400i (center)
    Polk Audio F/X1000 (side surrounds)
    Polk Audio RTi6 (back surrrounds)
    Velodyne CHT-15 (subwoofer)
    Yamaha RX-V1400 (Pre/Pro)
    NAD C272 (2-ch Amp)
    Adcom GFA-7605 (5-ch Amp)
    Toshiba SD-3109 (DVD/CD player)
    Malata DVP-580 (Multi-region DVD player)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

It's the biggest change Yamaha made in years.They Went THX,7.1 Auto Calibration,etc.

It's an attractive marketing receiver.The Denon has calmed it down quite a bit.

For yamaha fans it's a wet dream.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Hillcrest sold out, I won't shop there anymore. There is really no reason to actually - doesn't Tweeter carry the exact same gear, short of Monitor Audio?

Used to be my FAVORITE local hifi shop, nothing for me there now.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Hillcrest sold out, I won't shop there anymore. There is really no reason to actually - doesn't Tweeter carry the exact same gear, short of Monitor Audio?

Used to be my FAVORITE local hifi shop, nothing for me there now.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Russ, we're in the same area, where do you shop now, mainly at Tweeter?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

No, not at all. About twice a year (after xmas, and during the summer sometime) I go into Tweeter to look at open box buys - that's it.

My main shop these days is Audio Concepts. It's at Forest Lane / Preston Rd in Dallas. One of the last 2ch boutiques in the area worth stopping into. They have some incredible high-end gear, and always have a nice selection of consigment / used gear that's a little more affordable for the common man.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Any particular reason you don't like Hillcrest...it's good to know these things...
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

They used to be a nice shop, with a different selection of gear, wire, speakers.

Now, bought by Tweeter, that's all they are, another friggin Tweeter. They 86'd B&W, Paradigm, and Klipsch, and brought in Boston, Bose etc. F em.

Cheers,
    Russ

Thread Information