Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blown MM100

Ike

Unhappy Blown MM100

I purchased a MM100 to go into a Volkswagon Beetle Thunderform(manufactured by MTX - like a Qform) and had some difficulty installing it due to the magnet cover on the sub (an unusually large diameter). Well, I got it installed ok with the help of some professional installers at circuit city. Then I went ahead myself and made a dummy move: I bridged the rear two channels of my MTX 6304 (60x4 amp) and tried using that to power my sub. Now, I think it's blown. A measurement of resisance with a voltimeter showed there was now no connection in the sub. Is it fixable or just a throw away? Was the cause too little juice?

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Keep The Faith!!!!!!!!!

Ike,
    Send the blown woofer to our service department for exchange.
    The address is Polk Audio 2550 Britannia Blvd. Suite D San Diego.
    CA. 92154. Just include a short note describing the problem, return shipping address, daytime phone number, and a copy of your receipt. Once the replacement woofer has arrived, make sure to "break-in" the woofer for 40 hours by playing music at a reasonable level to let the suspension "break-in" or loosen up.
    If possible, use a amplifier that has a bridged power rating of 500 to 800 Watts mono to drive the sub and this will eliminate
    the chance of blowing the woofer. Smaller amplifiers can not supply the power required to drive these woofer to their full potential. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call
    at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM Eatsern time and we will be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Kim, Polk Audio

P.S.
    A FYI thing... you can remove the cover on the back of these
    woofers.

Thread Information