Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dx nightmare

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Unhappy dx nightmare

I currently own a complete DX system: dx3055, dx3065, two dx 12's. I have had the components for almost a year and the subs for a couple months now. I Was wondering if there was any way that i could upgrade to the MOMO series. I have put a lot of time into my system and i must say i am very disappointed with the sound quality. i have done just about everything i can do to make these speakers sound good. i have inverted the phase, changed amps, rewired my whole system, tried different tweeter positions, and more. i had a friend that works where i purchased the speakers look at them and he didnt know what to do either. So i was just wondering if it would be possible to upgrade to the momo's or anything else u might recomend, thanks for all your help!

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Sorry to hear about your dx speaker problem. I would like to know
    what kind of car these speakers are installed in. Are you using a
    active crossover for the subs and components speakers? What is the crossover frequency that you have selected for the high pass and low pass filters? Are the drivers for the component systems completely sealed in the doors? Have you installed the drivers in the doors with a baffle behind them? What is the internal volume of the sub enclosure? If you have any questions give us a call at 800-377-7655 betwen the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM and we will be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Kim

Tim3123213

There must be somethin wrong with some component of your system. I have a DX component system run off a Rockford 200a4 and two DX 12's run off a rockford 800a4 and the JVC El Jamemleon deck. My system sounds great, I am very happy with the performance. Dont blame your problem on polk DX series speakers, they are great!

Thread Information