Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Josh

Default Losing faith in Polk?

Hi, well I blew my polks about 4 weeks ago and I have a warrenty on them through Good Guys. They ordered me new ones and I've been waiting 4 weeks now. Im starting to lose faith in your product. I was wondering whats going on with my subs or if something happened?

twista@ubermensch.ws
    (253)-843-2926
    Sincerly Josh

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Blown subs

Josh,
    Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your subs.
    What subwoofers do you own ? What kind of enclosure are they installed in ? Who makes the amplifier that is driving them and what is the power rating of it ? Let us know and we will be glad to help. You can also reach us at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday.

Thanks,
    Kim, Polk Audio

Josh

I have two mm120 in a sealed box. I have a RF G800a2 that was running at 4ohms untill i broke them in and then i bridged it to 2ohms. I had a the punch bass turned up a quarter of the way and running the amp at 80htz. Its a custom box that car toys made for the back of a extend cab 97 S-10. The Power rate of the amp is 960 watts at 2ohms. Im not sure what it is for 4ohms i think 370watts for each channel.

That is unfortunate that you have been waiting so long. But do not loose your faith in polk because of the inability of the company where you purchased them. If you had dealt with Polk directly I'm sure your story might have been a different one

Hey, hopefully Polk is nothing like cerwin vega or mtx. I waited 2-3 months for my subs to come back from Vega and my amp took a month and a half. I have lost fate in both products. My dealer shipped the items strait to the factory to "save Time". Personally, as far as I am concerened, mtx sucks, thats why I am lookin for a new amp.

Polk Customer Service

Default HEY!!! Were not that SLLLOOWWW!!!!!!

Scotty
    Once the product has reached our service department in San Diego, it takes only 48 to 72 hours to complete. The biggest down
    time is the shipping. If you return the speakers to us using a second or third day air shipping, state that in your note and we will ship them back to you in same way that you have shipped them to us. The only way that I can see this taking longer would be if the item is on backorder. We always try to have on hand a good supply of replacement drivers just for warranty claims.

Happy shipping!!
    Kim, Polk Audio

Josh

So next time if i blow my subs it would be better to send them striaght to polk. I was going to do that but my friend said take'em back to Good guys and they will give them back right away. well that didnt happen. Thanks for your help kim.

Polk Customer Service

Default Blown Subs

Josh,
    Hey I got the name right this time!! ( Sorry )
    If you have any problems with your speakers and they are under warranty, feel free to send them to us directly and we will take care of any warranty issues. If you want to call us about any problems, questions, etc. please do so. Our hours of operation are from 9 AM to 6 PM Eatsern time Monday through Friday. Our toll free number is (800)-377-7655. Call us and we will be glad to help!!

Thanks,
    Kim, Polk Audio

Thread Information