Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Thumbs up Nearing completion

You know, there are moments where I sit back and long for the days when I sat and enjoyed the wonderful sound my Polk Audio RT2000p’s and JVC receiver. At the time, it simply did not get any better. Than one day, for reasons unknown, I visited audioreview.com and then Club Polk. For better or worse, the initial experiences cause a personal audio revelation, thus sparking a lust to achieve sonic bliss. I was a fledging to this new world and a few, Mantis and Russman, in particular, took me under their wings offering knowledge and very unique, often opposite perspectives, paths, and insight. The whole board and the members of it contributed to my learning. I’ve learned a lot, made quite a few true friends, and for that I am entirely in the debt of this great community.

It is now two years later, that I hope to bring this foray into audio to a temporary close. It is time for me to save this money for more demanding and important aspects of life. Thankfully, I am on the brink of finding solace in both my standard-pc audio rig and my critical listening two channel audio/video system. And without further delay, I am proud to list what I hope to be, my final systems for some time to come (at least until I move into my own home).

The Computer rig:

Chain Tech 710 Sound-Card
    Musical Fidelity A100 Integrated Amplifier
    NHT SB-3 Bookshelf speakers
    DIY sub “lil thunder”.

The sub is not complete, but the rest is in place. This combo is everything I could have hoped for and more. It touches the soul of the music, whether it’s a cd or an mp3. It comes dangerously close to a good, tube system. I’ve found myself listening to virtually all my music, over and over again, with a huge smile on my face. God, it feels great.

The Main Audio system:

Toshiba 3960 DVD player (will perform heavy mod’s, either Vinnie or swanson)
    Marsh P2000B Balanced Pre-Amplifier
    Marsh A200S Stereo Amp
    Totem Acoustic Sttaf Tower speakers
    Wire – largely undecided, most likely DH LABS, my diy “venom” cables, and Pjdami’s powercord.
    Sub woofer*s* - undecided

Tomorrow (er, today judging from the clock) I add another year to my life charts… my Marsh gear arrives tomorrow as well. It will be an anxious day!

Thank you to all who took the time to read this, and contributed to me getting to where I am today. Wouldn’t be here without you guys, thanks.

Sean

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congratulations. You have and will be getting some mighty fine gear. Enjoy.:D
    Make it Funky! :)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congratulations & if I read it correctly, Happy Birthday Sean!

Cathy
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Happy B'day ATCVenom.

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Default Re: Nearing completion

Originally posted by ATCVenom
    It is now two years later, that I hope to bring this foray into audio to a temporary close. It is time for me to save this money for more demanding and important aspects of life. Thankfully, I am on the brink of finding solace in both my standard-pc audio rig and my critical listening two channel audio/video system.Sean

Yea, I remember saying something similar in 1991. Then again in 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004...

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Giddy,

Only a few more items to sell and then hopefully I should sell no more! *crosses fingers*. Im sure your wife will be pleased of that news! hah

Cfrizz, phone - Thanks. It would be terrific if I could pause the clock right here. I dont want to get any older. hah

Max,

I can only hope I wont follow the same path. I know the bug will bite me in the ass again. Im already looking foward to it. ;)

Thread Information