Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default another bi-amping question??

Since my ATI amp is essentially a 250 watt per channel five channel amp, can I split the signal out my Onkyo pre-out (main left for example), sending it to two seperate channels on the ATI, then out to the 150.

Is this feasable? Is their any danger in splitting the signal from the pre-out?

I guess I'm just trying to figure away to use all 5 channels of the ATI.

Thanks for any help. Have I confused everyone? :-)

Bryan Miller
    Athens, Alabama

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Sure you can do that with no problem, just grab one of those y splitters...

Personally, I would not suggest it becuase of the reason I mentioned in the other thread...wanting all your mids and highs being driven from the same amp...

Give it a shot though, if it doesn't bother you then don't worry about it...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

If every speaker was hooked through the ATI, left, right & center (no surrounds) from the pre outs on the Onkyo, I assume there would be no power from the internal amplifiers in the Onkyo present. Is this correct?

So if 2 channels on the ATI powered the seperate hi/low posts on the 150 for left and 2 channels powered the right 150, and the last channel powered the center channel speaker, all would have the same amplification.

Would there be any advantage to hooking everything up this way?

Thanks!

Bryan Miller
    Athens, Alabama

Member Sales Rating: (20)

You are correct....and the advantage would be that you're feeding everything more power...and probably better power at that...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thanks so much for your help.

I really appreciate it.

Bryan Miller
    Athens, Alabama

Thread Information