I am setting up a stereo system in a boat I picked up. I'm really enjoying this so far, but I think its come time that I really get a few things down straight before I install my equipment. Here's what I have so far:
* Pyle (model 2680) 2400 max amp (400 RMS?? @ 4 ohms)
* Performance Teknique ICBM-771 500 watt (Power Output @ 4 Ohms: 100W x 2CH)
* Performance Teknique ICBM-773 (Power Output @ 4 Ohms: 60W x 4CH)
* DHD NTX6277 Cap
* Stupid Lanzar 400 MP3/CD Reciever
* (2) Infinity 10" 1030W Subs, 250RMS (got these for like 10 bucks a sub)
* (2 pairs) EX3550 5 1/4" Polk speakers includes crossover for seperate included tweaters (8 speakers total include tweeters, 4 crossovers total). I actually picked these up at circuit city for $50 a set, which seems pritty great.
I constructed the box using the formula's off of this site last weekend out of 3/4" mdf.
If you guys would please comment on my setup, and what type of amp to pair with my equipment, I would invite any criticism/suggestions.
I have really been through a process where I first just looked at specs to order the stuff, then started talking to people in stores about this stuff. I realize now that I might end up returning some of my things I bought and eat the shipping costs. I quickly realized that everyone has their own story, but generally has some useful knowledge. Here are a couple things I have heard that I am also looking for comment:
* Carpeting the sub box improves performance
* Performance Teknique is actually a good brand (have heard mixed opinions)
* The CAP is absolutely unecessary with my setup, especially in a boat because it will not do anything but drain the battery when the boat is off
* I need two batteries now
* Lanzar and Pyle are **** products, but for my setup I'm not going to notice (I have universally heard that)
* The crossovers I have will not filter low end efficiently and I need something else
* I need a crossover for my subs to filter out high end stuff
* Only good thing Lanzar makes is Amps, if that.
If we can start there then that would be great. I realize its a whole lot of information, and I welcome any suggestions. I won't be offended if you tell I'm a fool for buying Pyle or Lanzar, it would be great if it worked out but from what I've heard so far they're not great products.
I have also posted a WANTED threat in flea market for a better reciever, because I know I'm going to need that because I'm in a boat and that Lanzar is going to skip like crazy. I'm a huge fan of the recycler and used stuff.