Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Sony's digital receivers.....tech background file

Hi everyone!
    I know the latest Sony receivers have not been getting good reviews, but here is something all of you may be interested in. The link is www.docs.sony.com/release/STRDA1000ES_TWP.pdf

Its a technical background file for the 2000 to 9000ES receivers, I dont know why its named 1000ES though...just interesting stuff to check out. Im not affiliated to Sony or anything (disclaimer! :p ). Kris

Member Sales Rating: (20)

good info to have...thanks
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Your welcome....I havent seen them in a store as yet, am planning to this weekend...Kris

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Default Sony digital receiver

Thinking of buying an ES 5000, especially after reading all of that material. One guy posted about a new ES receiver, said it performed well beyond his previous Onkyo. Anyone else have direct experience with these? Very interesting, although it's hard to believe they are so great for such a decent price. Thoughts?
    Current System:

Mitsubishi 30" LCD LT-3020 (for sale**)
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand (Rosewood)-Mains (with Audioquest Mont Blanc cables)
    CSi5-Center (for sale**)
    FXi3-surrounds (for sale**)
    Martin Logan Depth-Sub
    B&K AVR 507
    Pimare CD21-CD Player
    Denon 1815-DVD Player
    Panamax M5500-EX-Line Conditioner

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Default Correction

Actually looking at the ES 3000, not the 5000. :D
    Current System:

Mitsubishi 30" LCD LT-3020 (for sale**)
    Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand (Rosewood)-Mains (with Audioquest Mont Blanc cables)
    CSi5-Center (for sale**)
    FXi3-surrounds (for sale**)
    Martin Logan Depth-Sub
    B&K AVR 507
    Pimare CD21-CD Player
    Denon 1815-DVD Player
    Panamax M5500-EX-Line Conditioner

Looks like its only me who is interested in sony digital amps.....but a lot of people dont like it and they say that these new amps dont have the power to drive LSi's. I have to experience that part yet....Im eager to see if that is truly the case. I lean more toward these amps cos the technology behind them is similar to DSD technology which is what's behind SACDs. Kris

i have 3000ES powering LSI9 and LSI15 on the front, LSIC on the center and LSIfx for the surrounds. At moderate volumes the ES does just great powering LSi's, at higher volumes, there are shortcomings in the highs, but thats at high volumes. The lsi's need a lot of power, and i intend to upgrade sometime, but i am not at all unhappy with the es and lsi combo
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...626/Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen

Thread Information