Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Smile dual dx12 iso bandpass box

hey, thanks for the help on setting up my component speakers, i think i have finally got them sounding great! i just started from zero again and turned all my eq's off and rewired each set. I turned off my loud setting on my head unit and reset the EQ and gain on my amp to were it should be and now they sound good! But now i have another question for you. I have been thinking about building another box for my subs.... i just want to experiment a little with some different designs. Fist off i downloaded one off this board , a dual dx12 iso bandpass box, and i had a couple questions about it: first, where do i mount the subs on this box? and where to i put the ports? also it says something about it needing to ports but only one has a flush end? I was also wanting to know how this box compares to the recommend .88 cu ft? I ultimately want the loudest, best sounding box i can get, thanks for all your help!!

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

The woofers get mounted face to face on the dividing panel inside of the enclosure. When wiring the subs, make sure that the one woofer in chamber 2 which is the larger chamber is wired
    in reverse polarity. The port get installed in chamber 2. Try to keep them at least 2 to 3 inches away from the corners of the box. One way to reduce the vent air velocity ( this makes for a quieter sounding box when played loud ) is to cut the ports at the recommended length at a 45 degree angle and face the angled cut towards the back of the woofer in chamber 2. If this is a little too confusing give us a call at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern time and we will be glad to help.

Happy Box Building!!
    Kim
    Last edited by Kim; 01-29-2002 at 09:53 AM.

Thread Information