Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Default Most Musical Polk

What's the all-time greatest Polk speaker for music? Two categories -- bookshelf and floorstanding...

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The entire SDA series!
    Last edited by F1nut; 06-16-2004 at 11:22 PM.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Lsi9 and Lsi15.

I feel they sound alot better then the older models.I feel the older tweeters where overly bright and hard to listen to for long periods of time.

The Lsi25's are next on my list
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Polk Audio hasn't given us their most musical speaker yet........the LSi-SDA!! But they should. ;)

But, if I have to pick from the available ones, I'd say the SDA SRS TL series for the floorstanding. I haven't heard a pair of SDA CRS+ speakers. Bah, I don't like bookshelf speakers for music anyway.
    1. JM Labs Electra 920.1 and CC30; MB Quart Vera Sub; Pioneer SC-57; Squeezebox Touch; Panasonic BDT-500 Blu-Ray; Samsung 52" LCD; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S3 cables
    2. Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE; Classe Model 25; Marantz SA8004; Acoustech PH1P; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall MMF7; PS Audio P1000; MIT S2 cables
    3. Polk SDA 2A; Parasound Halo JC-2 and A21; Musical Fidelity X-DAC; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio 4.7; MIT S1 cables

Member Sales Rating: (40)

SDA, period.

LSi is a close second, they are accurate, with a reasonably flat response, but they are just 'lifeless' in comparison to the SDA's. They don't involve me in the music as much, they don't swell with emotion on some recordings as they SDA's can.

That's MY story, and I'm sticking to it. Different strokes for left handed people.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 06-16-2004 at 11:50 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Stronzo

I feel Polk has given me a taste of everything I would like in a single speaker, throughout their lines.

There is nothing like listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd or Pink Floyd through a pair of SDA's. It is almost surreal - it is so involving.

For kicking up the volume and rocking the house with authority for modern day rock / electronica / trance / hip hop, I found the RT series to be absolutely superb.

And lastly, for a touch of elegance and smoothness that rarely fatigues the ears for light jazz and piano, there is the LSi.

So far I have yet to find this "perfect" speaker that can do it all, but I take my hat off to Polk for making products that definately lifted up my expectations. Polk products are still a benchmark I use when evaluating other gear.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The Polks I've heard are the RT5, RT800i, RT35i, RT600i, S4 and LSi9. The most musical out of all of them IMO is the 800i with a tube amp. For SS amplification, I'll have to say LSi9 are the best.

Dan,
    How did your LSi25 demo go?

Maurice
    CD Player: Original CD-A8T
    Pre: Antique Sound Lab Passive T1-X DT
    Amp: NAD C270
    Speakers: B&W DM6
    "I would rather have a cup of tone than an ocean of power" **Dr. Harvey Rosenberg**

Member Sales Rating: (0)

:D

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I believe PW thinks the SRT is the best Polk has produced ;)

I feel the 1.2TL (with upgraded tweets is one of the most musical speaker Polk has produced. Now, with the older tweets that is definetely up for debate.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I aggree with ATCVENOM, each speaker has a type of music it excels at.

Where is this "perfect" speaker that can do it all?

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

I'm going to chime in and say that overall, SDA's hands down.

However, I have a special place in my heart for both the Mon 7C's and the RT7's.

The LSi's, I dig but I agree with Russ, they just don't involve me in the music like the others do.

Each speaker has it's pros and cons, otherwise they would only make one speaker, no?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (5)

put me in the SDA column, but i must admit to never having the oppurtunity to demo and of the LSi series
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (17)

SDA's, no doubt...

LS90's second.

CRS+ as a bookshelf.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Thread Information