Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default Opinions on the Cerwin Vega LW15 15-in. Front Firing Powered Subwoofer

Anybody have one of these? How does it compare with some of the usual suspects admired and respected on these forums? I can get one for about $250, so the price is right, but I want one that can do music as well as HT.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

EXTREMELY LOUD

EXTREMELY BOOMY

PERFECT DJ SUB....

I wouldn't use it for critical music listening, might pass off as a HT sub..

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'm not sure, but if that's the 15 inch they had at BEst Buy a while back it sux a$$!!!
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Also, if by usual suspects you mean SVS and HSU...and if this is in fact the sub at best Buy I saw...don't even think about comparing...waste of your time...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Well PolkM --

I wouldn't go that far.

The SVS pulls away in accuracy and exstention, but the SVS is left behind, EXTREMELY behind in OUTPUT (above 30hz)

My friend has twin LW12's -- they can be more accurate than what he has them at if he tried - but those things have so much bass! I mean...the move your body 20 feet behind you!

Tons of bass, perfect for if you have a party all the time, etc.

They are just really loud subs...

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Thats what I thought. It has some interesting reviews on Audioreview.com. Most people love it, some say it sucks for music. I need it for music and HT... I want tight bass and ability to go real low, not necessarily too loud, but low. And my budget is at most $250 for a new one. Any ideas?

I suggest you save your money. LOL

The CV LW 15 only hits down to 28hz...then it is like.....a waterfall after that. No low end extention.

And you cant find most any subwoofers that hit beyond 30hz STRONG for that kinda money.

Might as well save up 600 dollars if you can then get a SVS or HSU.

Thread Information