Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Talking there have been previous versions of the polk lsi?

just wondering, at the cost of looking stupid, have their been previous versions of the polk lsi? i heard firehouse saying something about polk changing the wood veneer of the lsi or something like that a few months back (in his thread regarding his rti12)...

so, do the current lsi have papas? and if this is so, then revisions are ever present on the horizon, newer versions of the lsi may come out in the future?
    Joey's College Gear:
    Current Gear:
    SB3 -> PS Audio DAC III -> Cary Audio SLP-98Phono Tube PreAmp w/ Sylvania NOS 6sn7 tubes -> Plinius SA102 Class A amp -> Martin Logan SUMMIT/Strata Mini -> :D
    Old Gear:
    Martin Logan Vantage (4.75/5)-ML Mosaic (4.25/5)-Onix Ref1 (3.7/5)-Sonus Faber Concerto (3.5/5)-SF Concertino (3/5)-Axiom M22ti (2.75/5)-Polk LSi9 (3.75/5)-LSi7 (3.25/5)-HK AVR330-Rotel RC1070/RB1070/RB1090-SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    RUSH Med School 2008!!:D

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Aside from different veneers and, I believe, the enclosure for the bookshelves being slightly different, all the available LSis are first generation. For a history of Polks speakers, click on the home products link, and from there you can look at current models, recent models and vintage models. Hope that helps.

fireWHAT? lol

They moved their manufacturing facility from Mexico to China and it allowed them to do a couple nicer things with the finish. Instead of the black gloss being a laminate, it is now painted and seemless. And the wood has a richer look, especially the cherry, which looks much more expensive now. Also the base of the towers are glossy now.

ooops! sorry fireshoes!! i knew firehouse just didnt sound right.. lol! :D
    Joey's College Gear:
    Current Gear:
    SB3 -> PS Audio DAC III -> Cary Audio SLP-98Phono Tube PreAmp w/ Sylvania NOS 6sn7 tubes -> Plinius SA102 Class A amp -> Martin Logan SUMMIT/Strata Mini -> :D
    Old Gear:
    Martin Logan Vantage (4.75/5)-ML Mosaic (4.25/5)-Onix Ref1 (3.7/5)-Sonus Faber Concerto (3.5/5)-SF Concertino (3/5)-Axiom M22ti (2.75/5)-Polk LSi9 (3.75/5)-LSi7 (3.25/5)-HK AVR330-Rotel RC1070/RB1070/RB1090-SVS 25-31PC+ sub

well i hope that the one i get from frys is the newer lsi version... i want the ebony though, i feel that it matches better with most things.
    Joey's College Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Old Gear:

Member Sales Rating: (58)

LSi = First generation, to the consumer.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Keep cool fireman, anyone could make that mistake. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Member Sales Rating: (6)

firedragon is cool. I always liked that dude. :D

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default New Models Coming?

The question is are the LSI's on their way out? I have called all of the dealers in my area in northwest OH and there are none available. They say they can get them just none on display/in stock.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

There has been two versions of the 9s, I know that.

The cabinent was changed, it went from a bevel on the bottom to completely flat. I think they were having some problems with stands with the bevel, I know I was ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200

Polk-a-dweeb
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hey FireHose,
    I thought you were going to buy the new Lsi's?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D

Default Re: New Models Coming?

Originally posted by xsmi
    The question is are the LSI's on their way out? I have called all of the dealers in my area in northwest OH and there are none available. They say they can get them just none on display/in stock.
    The production of the Vifa tweeter is behind, leading to some shortages. My store has displays for all models, but only stock on bookshelf models right now.

I was, Frans, but the production delay kind of steered me towards the RTi12's. Plus I just wanted to try em out anyway. I'll be back in the LSi fold in about 6 months probably.

I forgot about the bevel design change. That was very early in the indroduction of the series. I'm so glad they got rid of it. The idea was nice, but the execution was poor. The bevel would often have seem on top that was not smooth and pieces would peel away. Much much better now.
    Last edited by fireshoes; 06-30-2004 at 04:52 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Cool because I really want to hear these. I'm going to be in the market for new speakers in Sept.

Thread Information