Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Question Surrounds question

What do you think of the comparison between the Fxi5 and Fxi3? I've ordered the 3's but am now wondering if I'll wish I had the 5's. My thought was the the 3's should be enough for my room and would still match up well with the Csi5 and Rti8. Now I'm getting crazy and thinking I should have gotten the bigger ones. Help? Has anybody had them both? My room is 11x22 and they'll be mounted on the side walls as a part of a 7.1 setup. Thanks :o

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Well that's not an incredibly huge room AND you will be running 7.1...I think you'll be fine...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Polk-a-dweeb
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

My room is a few feet shorter and I used the FX300's before upgrading. You'll be fine with the 3's
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Agreed. In your case there's probably not much benefit in moving up to the 5's.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

thanks all for the replies, that's what I was hoping. I can't wait to get it all up! :D

I should probably come back to this question later when I'm actually putting the speakers up. But has anyone experimented with corner placement for the rear of the 7.1? They have to be in the corners, so it's either facing each other or towards the room somewhere. If anything, I don't want them pointing down at all right?

Thread Information