Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default Non-Official In-Home "Polk" Demos!

You own the cool Polk gear and you love your speakers. Want to have the chance to show off to those who would love to hear what you got? Of course you do! Sign up for the non-official in-home demo program, created by Polk fan's for Polk fans and future converts!

Let's face it, most of the times an in-store demo won't cut it. Perhaps there is a Polk speaker you would like to hear but have absolutely no clue about where to go to experience one within reasonable distance from your abode. This program is designed to make listening sessions easier and more obtainable for those curious to demo various Polk products. Unlike listening to a rig thrown together on a sales floor, you will have the opportunity to come into a persons home and hear a system that has been carefully put together. Good folk, good gear, no pressure, what more could a Polky ask for?

How does it work? Easy! If you would like to show off your system, just keep reading further! If you are interested in listening to a system that person has listed, simply send them an E-mail and proceed from there!

So how can you participate? Easy! After thoroughly reading this post, simply reply listing your E-mail address, city(or county), state, and country if need be. Be sure to list the equipment that your willing to show off!

Rules and Guidelines

This program is purely voluntary. You are free to submit and withdraw offerings of a demo as you please. This service is strictly tangible on good faith through members of Club Polk. Each volunteer has the right to refuse a request from an interested party at any time for any reason.

We all care about your safety. Please excersize common sense when inviting individuals to your home. While we are all friends here at Club Polk, caution should always be the first order of business. Never allow yourself to be pressured into a situation you are uncomfortable with.

Please keep personal information private. For your own safety, do not list your phone number, fax number, address, place of work, or anything else of the sort

Thats it!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to E-mail me at; coquinino@hotmail.com

Polk Audio is not a sponsor for the In-Home Demo program. Polk Audio will not be liable for the safety and well being of any participants of this program. Safety of your person and posession is your responsibility. Thank you.

Sean

Member Sales Rating: (11)

interesting idea. i think this is being done already on an individual basis. i have had a few guys over for beers and demos already. and it is fun. I don't have any cool gear or anything like that. but it is fun to sit and chat and listen to music or a DVD with another Polkie.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Yeah we already do this.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Uh, yeah, I think that we sorta already do this.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Ditto the above...

Not that Russ doesn't have better demos anyway, if anyone wants a 6.1 HT demo involving LSi7's and a PB2+ or a SDA+Carver Amp+Adcom Passive Pre+Scott Nixon Modded CDP 2-channel and are in the Dallas area, let me know.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin

Stronzo

The intent of this thread is to cultivate all those willing to allow others into their home for a good time, to listen to some good tunes featuring Polk gear. This does not pertain to the major gatherings (West Coast, East Coast, Tejas, Polk HQ) which are seperate events entirely.

This thread would be with all hope, a resource of information tied in one place in an organized fashion. Many members have not heard various equipment nor have they met fellow members, hopefully this thread in time will change that.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

:(

I can only get SteveInAz to come over. :( Brettw22 and Avelanchefan won't visit, the bastages! ;)

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I think I'm the only one in town that has a decent home theater. At least my wife sits with me to listen to tunes and watch movies. (As long as it's not too loud):D
    Any Zanesville people reading this are welcome to give me a yell.
    Last edited by del44; 08-13-2004 at 06:31 PM.

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

I'm not hacking on Sean but I think it's pretty much well established that the forum regulars have all been pretty open about sharing thier gear and so forth with others on an individual basis......just seem sort of redundant to me.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Originally posted by I-SIG
    :(

I can only get SteveInAz to come over. :( Brettw22 and Avelanchefan won't visit, the bastages! ;)

Wes
    offer em beer.. it's a sure way to get friends over to your place for a demo. :D

you all live in AZ too.. come on guys.. make us proud.

Last week i traveled 8 hours to meet a fellow Polkie. Glad I did too.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I got some Definitives, Fellow Polkies can demo ;)

Nah, only person local to me is Liquid Sound

Now that I think about it, he is only like 30 minutes away lol
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Originally posted by danger boy
    offer em beer.. it's a sure way to get friends over to your place for a demo. :D

friends will bring beer:D
    ***WAREMTAE***

Member Sales Rating: (5)

just curious, i know of a few Jersians out there, but how many are there actually. Myself, i live in North Jersey.

my equipment is is listed below. i'm wondering if anyone has Lsi's in jersey, i've never heard em before, and would love to give them a hear.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (6)

The forum on the Klipsch website has a thread set up where newbies can find a member near them and listen to various equipment. (Well, I guess speakers.) It seems to be more of a program for making converts, than for gatherings of Polk Forum members. It seems to me to be a good idea and it also seems to me that this is what Sean is refering to. If not, feel free to correct me, but I think a program that helps newbies and those possibly interested in Polk products is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Stronzo

The lil' one *audiobliss* got it... Thank you.

For reference purposes... There are a pair of LSi-15's in the home available for demo. I am in Newport News, Virginia.

I don't get it.... :p

ANybody near Detroit wants to hear some 10Bs just let me know.
    Make it Funky! :)

Thread Information