Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Should I bi-amp the Lsi15's

I read a post earlier on another thread and wanted to get your opinions. I have an Onkyo TX-DS797 receiver and a seperate power amp all running my 6-channel surround setup. I currently have the Onkyo running LsiC, FXi30's, Csi30 (rear-center surround) and my power amp running the Lsi15's.
    The other thread I read suggested bi-amping the Lsi15's using the power amp for the lows and the Onkyo for the highs while still using the Onkyo for the other 4 channels to achieve tonal balance across the front stage.
    Should I do this or should I leave my configuration as-is?

My amp runs 325 watts X 2 @ 4Ohms

Member Sales Rating: (0)

IMHO I'd just leave it ...

But if you are still using the stock metal jumper plates between the upper and lower terminals of the 15's then I'd replace them with some home made ones utilizing the same wire that you are running to the mains from you amp.

Thanks for your reply/opinion, I appreciate the feedback.

Oy yeah, just as an FYI, I've actually in my current setup got the power-amp going to the Lsi15's bi-wired, so I'm currently not using the jumpers anyway.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

I've found no benefit to biamping or biwiring on the LSi15s. Their unusual 3.5 way 4 ohm design seems to limit benefits of biamping. I have experienced speakers that do benefit from biamping, like the 8 ohm multiple subwoofer driver RTi150s and RTi12s, but I can't say the LSis do. I'd recommend using the best available high current, high damping factor, 200 to 400 watt into 4 ohm two channel amp with the LSi15s.
    1. JM Labs Electra 920.1 and CC30; MB Quart Vera Sub; Pioneer SC-57; Squeezebox Touch; Panasonic BDT-500 Blu-Ray; Samsung 52" LCD; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S3 cables
    2. Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 SE; Classe Model 25; Marantz SA8004; Acoustech PH1P; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall MMF7; PS Audio P1000; MIT S2 cables
    3. Polk SDA 2A; Parasound Halo JC-2 and A21; Musical Fidelity X-DAC; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio 4.7; MIT S1 cables

Intersting suggestion...when my goodies get here, I was planning to bi-amp the LSi15s using the separate amp, running the center with a channel from teh separate amp, and running the rears with the AVR. I would think that this would provide the most amount of power to the front/center....

edit: re-read your post...I guess your separate amp is a 2 channel...so what I said would not apply...
    Last edited by 2+2; 08-17-2004 at 03:59 PM.

Thread Information