Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portable gear

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Portable gear

Do you use any portable electronics for your listening pleasure?

I came across this (very long) thread at head-fi.org on portable audio rigs. Check it out!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I guess like any other thing that is a bit specialized, all the jargon and model numbers were like WTH to me.

I've thought about making a portable rig, but probably not quite what those guys have in mind. I was thinking a homemade boombox on major steroids. Depending on how high-end you wanted to go, but start with some LSi7's or some of the smallest Monitors, get a small little intergrated or maybe even that little digital amp that Target sells and a small CDP or preamp and build a cabinet of some sort to keep it all in. Try to keep it under 50lbs.

Wes:D
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Perhaps you may want to pickup one of these (the boombox museum) from audiogon.com? :D

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I got a new PDA (Dell Axim X30) that I have been using a little for MP3s, and its ****ty. Both MP3s and the PDA for music are crap.

Thread Information