Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cube

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Default Cube

I just got through watching this, as per the rec. of my Mom because she said it was similar to saw...

The acting was terrible, but I found the movie itself to be pretty good, and rather interesting to find out the different abilities of each and how they would contribute...

Would have been a much better movie if the acting was better...

I plan to watch Cube 2 tommorow...

Time to watch Pitch Black

dun dun dun
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Your mother has good taste, I have both Cube movies.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out Dark City, another intrigueing SF movie.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 02-20-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Noted,

Thanks for the Rec.

Yeah my Mom ran a video store business with other family members for 18 years - many of her customers took her recs. seriously as well...

Pitch Black was cool too...

Hmm, 2 good movies in a day, not something that I run across to often...

Hmm, Terminator 2 next??? Definitely...time to crank it up!

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The 3rd Cube movie just came out, actually, titled "Cube Zero". I highly suggest you watch this one BEFORE Cube 2: Hypercube, as "Zero" actually has a lot more to do with the first movie than Hypercube does. Hypercube was pretty much pointless in that they tried to advance the franchise through technology instead of by the plot, and it didn't work. The plot is actually pretty interesting, across the 1st and 3rd movies and I hope they continue with it.

If you're going to watch Hypercube, do it later, and be prepared to think of it as a completely different entity from the other movies.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)

Member Sales Rating: (17)

haha I just got done watching Pitch Black (not for the first time, I just really love the movie). I haven't even heard of these Cube movies... might have to do a BlockBuster run tomorrow.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Thanks for the info, you got me interested and caused me to look things up...loool

I plan to watch Cube 2, but I plan to try not to link the two together...

Pitch Black was awesome man, I liked Chronicles Of Riddick better... but Pitch Black had more a story behind it, I thought...I guess?

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I also own Chronicles of Riddick but haven't watched it yet. Most say they like PB better but we'll see. I figured it'd be more of a "Hey, Vin's big now... let's run with it" kind of movie. But I got both in a combo pack for $15. Who's to complain? :) Oh yeah, back to cube.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Well really......

Chronicles of Riddick is more an action flick...

Man vs. 'Race'

Its like 1 hour and 30 minutes of a big ol @$$ kicking...

While pitch black has more of a story behind it...

I guess it would depend on your mood...

Cube was excellent, and They really needed a movie before it (cube zero) and a movie after it, before it to explain the workings of it (done), and now one that takes place after it to further explain what is going on...

Definetely a cool series, and if it had a higher budget... could probally take on the bigger sci-fi flicks out there...

Member Sales Rating: (21)

Cube 2 has an outstanding PQ transfer, the detail is terriffic especially the red dress against the whiteness of the cube, hope your monitor can do white justice, the cube taking on a life of its own, very nice SQ, a certain very low level hum, almost sinister in its sound.

RT1
    REEL TIME THEATRE
    Onkyo-TX-NR5007
    B&K 7270 amplifier
    Polk SWA-500 Subwoofer amplifier
    OppO BDP-83
    Pioneer Elite 50"
    Polk LCi-RTS-105;LCi-RTS-C;LCi-RTSFx;LCi80Fx
    Subs-Twin Polk CSW200
    HTS5000

RABBIT HOLE RIG
    BAT VK-31SE