Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bose

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default bose

i have a friend whos wanting to get some small speakers for his dorm room...he told me he liked bose because of its small size
    i immediately told him no because i know bose is crap...but can you guy recommend some speakers that are very small?
    polk...or whatever...he doesnt want high end...so try and keep the price down...he didnt give me an exact budget though
    thanks in advance
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Polk-a-dweeb
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Infinity 450's or 750's

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Shoot, if he is into computer games at all point his dumbass at the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 setup. Its cheaper and small and cute.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Polk Engineer

Depending on price, he'll probably want to go with a computer 5.1 system. I'd stay away from Creative though... I haven't been a fan of their overpriced crap for several years now. I'm not a fan of their marketing either. Look into the Logitech w/ the DD/DTS decoder or one of the Klipsch systems.

Shameless plugs for Polk product:
    Budget - RM6005 or RM6705
    Less budget - RM6800 or RM6900 (not out just yet, but hopefully will be sooner than later)
    Even less of a budget - RM7200, RM7500, or RM7600
    Karma on Bill Gate's budget - SRT :)

the 5.1 for the computer is the first thing i suggested but he didnt seem to want that
    russman...thats great...thanks a lot!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Member Sales Rating: (18)

he doesn't want high end....then Bose it should be !!! how about energy take 5 or athena point 5 ??

Member Sales Rating: (0)

How about Paradigm Titan's. Sean can tell you a little bit more about them. I am continuely impressed with their sound for the money.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Try Hsu. It's gotten great reviews. $299 retail.

http://www.hsustore.com/vt12.html
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

The Paradigm "Titan" certainly is a speaker that commands respect at its price-range (slightly over $200 USD). Once you hear it, you know you are getting a speaker that will hold its own weight.

Kelley and I took a trip to a local shop (In Portland, Maine) where he insisted that I hear the Titans play. I've heard many of their speakers so I knew what to expect. Indeed the Titan did not disappoint. So much so that when presented with a few incentives from the dealer, I couldn't pass up on the deal.

What can I say, good looks, good sound, it is hard not to like them. They will be able to fill up a dorm room easily, perhaps even having car-boomers re-think the way they want to approach their systems.

They arent quite as "cute" as the Bose, but once he turns them on - size is going to be an afterthought.

Thread Information