Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default B&K ST-1400M Series I Stereo Amplifier

[B]B&K ST-1400M Stereo Amplifier[/B]

*105w x 2 into 8 ohms
    *28 high current amps
    *RCA & Balance Inputs
    *17" x 15.5"x 5.75"
    *Made in USA

The previous owner misrepresented this amp as a mono amp series II; it's actually a series I stereo amp, after confirming it with B&K. I used the amp to drive one Polk CSI 40 center channel, and the amp runs cool and brings out the clarity in the dialogue, especially the male voices during the quiet scenes. 8 out of 10 on the Audiogon scale just to be on the conservative side. The original owner informed me that he purchased this amp new two years ago, and there is no problem with the amp; it functions perfectly. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner provided copy of the manual for the mono amp, but he did not have the original box. I will double box for shipping. Most of the scratches you see in the pictures are actually the flash reflections, not scratches. I love the amp, but I have to sell it to finance other components purchases. If you're in the Southern California area, pick up can be arranged. I prefer the bank type Paypal. I'm not set up to accept the credit card Paypal. Jesse (F1Nut) gave me the blue book used price of $300. Asking for $230 + shipping.
    Last edited by kingtut; 10-15-2004 at 12:02 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Heres the Pdf manual for this amp, case someone wants to look it over [url]http://www.bkcomp.com/pdf/ST1400M%20Series%20II.pdf[/url]
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC

Member Sales Rating: (27)

*drools*!!

My B&K ST 125.2 amp (125 watts x2, 30 amps of current) drives my 300 watt mains with EASE. This monster can do like wise! Nice amp, killer price! someone grab it! (to bad I'm poor)

Goodluck with your sale...
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Thanks for the link faster100. The back of the amp is a little different from the manual. There are two sets of binding posts for the two pairs of speakers connections, and there is no volume control. I am not sure why B&K have a different amp picture on the manual.

Thanks for the bump Sid.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

if it was a stereo amp, I'd be all over it. Good luck selling!
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Default Pictures

front view
    Attached Images  

Default Pictures

Back view
    Attached Images  

Man that thing is PURDY! I am drooling over here! Someone should snatch this up!!!

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Hmmm, this would be perfect for driving dual LSi7 centres...too bad I have other expenses at the moment.

Default B&K ST-1400M SERIES II mono amplifier 4 Sid

Sid, I thought you worked this summer. Spent all the $ already?:D

Thanks for the compliment Sid. I hate to let this go, but I just purchased a Hsu VTF-3, so I have to sell some gears to pay for the VTF-3. I was going to order the baby SVS, but with the popular demands, there is going to be a waiting period before shipment.

Sami, you're going to let other expenses get in the way of maximizing the legendary LSi's to their fullest potential?:D

Expenses suck aren't they. They always get in our ways, especially in this expensive hobby of ours. :(
    Last edited by kingtut; 10-05-2004 at 04:17 PM.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kingtut [/i]
    [B]Sami, you're going to let other expenses get in the way of maximizing the legendary LSi's to their fullest potential?:D [/B][/QUOTE]
    I just bought a house and replaced the AC unit. Another $300 wouldn't hurt in the process, would it? :)

I'm tempted but that would mean I would then have to get a 2ch B&K for the mains that are now being run by H/K 7200. I will have to pass.

Sami, congrats on a new house purchase. Just be glad that you're purchasing a house in TX, not Southern Calif., where you pay more than 1/2 of a mil for a shoe-box home w/no backyard.
    Speaking of expenses, on top of the B&K amp, I'm also selling my 1 yr old sub to cover the VTF-3 purchase.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kingtut [/i]
    [B]Sami, congrats on a new house purchase. Just be glad that you're purchasing a house in TX, not Southern Calif., where you pay more than 1/2 of a mil for a shoe-box home w/no backyard.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Tell me about it. I'm not a big fan of TX but the overall cost of living is hard to beat. $160k for 1992 house, 2300sq.ft. with a corner lot and a big pool is something I could only dream about in San Diego.

Thanks for putting things into perspective, maybe I can afford that amp afterall. :D

With a comparable house to yours would cost around $800K in San Diego. It's just insane because the salary pays simply do not keep pace w/the housing costs and expenses.
    Last edited by kingtut; 10-05-2004 at 07:15 PM.

Spent it all and in the negative... now I can just watch things go by, but I honestly don't have the need to upgrade! It feels...GREAT! woooo

[QUOTE]Spent it all and in the negative... now I can just watch things go by, but I honestly don't have the need to upgrade! It feels...GREAT! woooo[/QUOTE]

Sid, that won't last very long w/this hobby. I have said the same thing many times myself, but ended up upgrading a few weeks/months later. My wife ended up quoting me: "but you said that would be the last thing you purchase...." It's an incurable addiction, and you are young, so you will even have a longer way to go. When you get your first credit card, you will find yourself charging the upgrades on the credit card. I don't smoke, but now I know how smoker feels.

I know I know...never ending

But right now, I am incredibly satisfied with the overall sound of my system...

The clarity, depth, detail - all is good to me. I could use a larger room, and I wouldnt mind to have a higher end CD player, or possibly an Up-To-Date HT preamp, but with my limited budget and how little I watch movies...that isn't really a concern.

Either way, as far as preamp/amp/speakers/subwoofer goes - I think I am pretty much finished with as long as I am in my confined room which limits the overall ability of my system no how.

B&K sounds awesome, they are incredibly uncolored (to my ears) and just squeeze out every detail with almost an eletronic sound...very original, but nice sound. And very smooth at that. I like it... The price is great too for just around 300 bones...

I would take it, and I would find a matching one for the other main! In which I would build shelves for them to put right beside the speaker they are driving...that would look awesome! Good luck on your sale, but I am sure if you don't sell it that you will be happy too...you could always sell your bed or something to pay for the subwoofer, ya know? lol

What should I tell my wife: "Gee, Honey, I need to pay for that big sub that you hated-- you know, the one that replace the little sub that you prefer, so I have to sell our bed. We'll have to sleep on the floor for the next 9 months." She would murder me when I am asleep just to collect the life insurance money.:rolleyes:

Relisted.
    Last edited by kingtut; 10-14-2004 at 01:01 AM.

Relisted after confirming with B&K that it's a stereo amp. Price lowered.

Interested! PM sent.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.

Toxis, you have PM.

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Toxis [/i]
    [B]if it was a stereo amp, I'd be all over it. Good luck selling! [/B][/QUOTE] Ummm it is a stereo amp... So get all over it...

EDIT... Nevermind... it appears you cleaned your glasses... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Initially he was saying it was the mono amp. He just PM'd me the other day telling me it is stereo. Trust me, I am all over this. I'll know tomorrow if I can afford it or not (gotta see how much money I'll have after bills and a few other unexpected instances that came up).

Old School
    Member Sales Rating: (1)

Ah yes, i see the little "Edit" notation in the original post...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Toxis - Sell the neighbors kid, and buy that amp....stop BS'n.

Toxis, please let me know your decision.
    Phoneisbusy, if Toxis did not reply, it's yours.

Put me next in line if others bail out. I have the money ready, 3 paychecks coming this month...

Sami is third in line.

Thread Information