I just picked up a truck. Of course the sound system is lacking to my taste. So I'd like to start another project.
Now, I know car audio is a completely different animal than home audio. That's why I'm coming to you guys...
Here's the spec requirements -
1) The truck is a 1994 Ford F-150, extended cab. Four speakers and sub(s)
2) I'm not really interested in showing the neighborhood how loud I can go. But I would like to get an output of somewhere around 110 db CRANKED if I wanna go there (which I sometimes do). Nice clean sound.
3) I'd like to minimize cutting into stuff. Prefer drop ins, if I can do it. I know this ain't possible for the sub(s)
4) I'd like to limit power output to under 1000 watts. Maybe 1500, tops. I currently am running around 2600 for home, ain't no way I need that much for a truck cab... Plus I'd like to avoid alot of caps and sh!t. Trying to use the available power in the truck.
5) All new wiring - speaker, power, IC, etc.
6) No video involved, but would like to be able to expand with an add in later if I get the urge..
7) Budget cap of $2500
I'll be doing all the work. And I wanna try to keep it as much Polk as possible. Suggestions are what I'm seeking, the I'll go demo and get 'er done. This will take a little while, but it's a labor of love.