Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default $7.30 at the used CD store....

Not a bad haul for less than $8 including tax. They are sold as "scratched" but all the CDs I've bought like this play flawlessly on my gear.

Donald Fagan - Kamakiriad

The Very Best Of Dave Mason

The Best of Kansas

Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time

"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Nice snag, shack! I have the Dave Mason title on vinyl - great album! I don't think I've ever heard the Bonnie Raitt title (other than a few cuts.) The Kansas cover reminds me of how I used to be scared sh!tless when I was a little kid of the John Brown mural in the state capitol building. Donald Fagan? Hey, I thought you didn't like jazz (that's getting pretty close.) ;)

Donald Fagan? Hey, I thought you didn't like jazz (that's getting pretty close.);)
    Yea I know...but I am a Steely Dan fan so I'll make an exception.

I have a lot of Dave Mason and Kansas on vinyl (which I don't listen to much) so I thought some CDs would be in order...especially at $1.95 ea.
    Last edited by shack; 10-20-2004 at 04:14 PM.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Old Polk
    Member Sales Rating: (10)

Oh HELL YES! I thought you meant $7.30 a pop.... DOH!

I'm a SD fan as well. Loved their earlier stuff with Skunk Baxter. His lead on "Fire in the Hole" was a nearly maniacal progression. I can identify with that! :D

I'll send you a couple hundred and you can get me a pickup truck load!

Mike

I was really anticipating Can't Buy A Thrill on SACD. Unfortunately it looks like it (and the rest of the SD catalog) may have gone by the wayside with only Gaucho on SACD.:(

I'll go to this store about once a week to go through the bins and will usually buy anything decent for $3.50 or less. I've found some real jewels this way that I would not have purchased at retail prices.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

where's this store at shack? I got some vintage Thelonius Monk at on in Charleston. Used but in perfect shape. We ain't got none roun' here. sucks....
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

Knoxville, TN. There are three stores here in town. Two by the name of Disc Exchange. Lots of CDs, but can be a little high (usually around $8 - $9). At that price I can ususally do as well buying new CDs through places like BMG, Amazon etc... especially when there is no sales tax or shipping. The place I find most of my deals is McKays Used Books. Started out as a used book store but now has CDs, DVDs, Video games etc. There is also a McKays in Chattanooga, TN. Used prices vary from .99 to $4 for "scratched" discs to around $8 max. This is a large college town and a couple of these stores are close to campus, which may explain why we have several in the area.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I like to go to stores and accidentally drop gear on the ground, pop smoke, and run.

Thread Information