Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default pulled the trigger on an amp

I just got off the phone with Greg at Sound Advice Custom Stereo http://www.soundadvicestereo.com/index3.html . I called him when I got home from work and the store had already closed at 6:00pm so I didn't get an answer so I e-mailed him explaining that I would call him tomarrow and he called me back 9:30pm, now that's good service as far as I'm coincerned. I was torn between the Sherbourn 7/2100A-7x200 and the Adcom 7807-7x300 the Adcom was $900 more and his position was not to sell me something but to help explain the sonic differances between the two and he also added that for him he looks to get the most without spending more then is required. After talking to him he suggested that I spend a day and listen to an Adcom and see if it is what I might like. He explained for HT in his opion the Sherbourn performs better then the Adcom where the Adcom he explained plays alittle warmer in the mids by comparison. I have also e-mailed other Sherbourn owners and they felt the same and have stated they never looked back. With that and the fact that my main intrest is HT I felt that for the money I really couldn't go wrong so I ordered the Sherbourn. I had already done some investagating and found that he is an authorized dealer for these and others so there's no B.S. there just complete honesty and friendlyness at prices that will leave you hard pressed to pass-up. If your looking to up-grade give him a call and tell him I sent ya.

Dave
    Last edited by dave shepard; 10-25-2004 at 10:21 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Well gee, since you've already decided on a new amp, what's next on the upgrade list? ;)

Congrats on the purchase!

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Originally posted by fireshoes
    Well gee, since you've already decided on a new amp, what's next on the upgrade list? ;)

Congrats on the purchase!
    Anthem AVM30 as a pre has crossed my mind more then once :D , but I think it will end up being the speaker wire.

Thanks
    Dave

Member Sales Rating: (58)

You could certainly save a couple dollars by picking up wire instead eh?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

seccond star to the right and strait on to morning

also check out the sunfire theater grand IIII
    Gonzo's World
    BenQ 8700+
    115in screen
    PS3,X-Box 360 and Wii
    Sunfire Theater Grand III
    ADCOM GFA-7607
    four avalanch 18 subs 26.12l of displacement
    Crown xti 4000

Thread Information