Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LC65i enclosures???

I'm going to put a pair of these on the back wall to round out a 7.1 config. Due to construction I cannot actually put them in the wall so I'd like to build some low profile enclosures similar to the ones Polk sells and then hang them on the wall.

I will have to change the dimensions of the enclosure some, so does anyone know the actual volume required for these speakers within the enclosures?

Do you think it will work out ok going this route? I'm reasonably handy and have the tools necessary. How much batting/insulation would you put inside? Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I emailed Ken and he said the enclosures were approximately 1 cubic foot in volume.

The insulation would help considerably.

Why go with inwalls(if you are going to put them inwall) when you could get LSi7's for about the same price?

Thanks for the help on the volume. I don't think I can fit in Lsi 7's as it is right in the walkway. I ordered the inwalls but didn't realize I would have a problem with the wall.

I could put 1 in the wall dead center and go 6.1. I can get the left surround back into the wall in position, but the right surround back won't go unless I do some serious Stud chopping (6 studs side by side) so I though about building cabinets 4" or so deep and hanging both on the rear wall. This is 7 - 8" less than the 7's.

Maybe I'll rethink it some.

Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (1)

the lcxi web pages have a white paper that might help a bit.

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/LCi_Cutsheet.pdf

)

Thanks a bunch, that was very helpful..

Member Sales Rating: (1)

let us know how everything goes, i have something similar moving (slowly) towards the top of the list.

)

Change # 67

Well, I can't swing the $$$ for the rears at this time, so I will have to put off the enclosure building project. Wish I could move forward, but life gets in the way sometimes.

Thanks for the help :)

Thread Information