Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Looking for LS f/x Surrounds

Anyone out there have some old Polk LS f/x Surround sound speakers in black that they want to unload? I recently had an accident with them (neighbor kid knocked them over) and I am in need of 2 grill covers and the enclosure. Or as another option I could sell the the pair. Let me know.

Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (1)

[url]http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1103844287[/url]

idk if you wanted white, or if you wanted to buy an entirely new set, but if you did, there ya go lol
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Call polk and talk to Ken they could have those parts for you that's how I got my FX1000's I bought them piece by piece.

Dave

Old School

Been there; done that. Grills for the LS f/x's are long gone. Pair I bought a couple years ago on ebay had two grills buy-the-farm in transit.

ikon,
    Other than 2 grills completely devoid of pegs (sheared off at the grills' frames), the two I have a perfect. They don't have a permanent home as yet here, and may never. I have been using them as test speakers for the last year or so.

I think they can be repaired as I have the pegs that sheared off. A little filing to true up the fractures and superglue is all I think that is required. I just never got around to it.

Pretty sure I have the original box and manual as well.

Black ones are still pulling around $200 on ebay plus shipping. I'll go $180 shipped FedEx Ground/ Home Delivery.

Let me know, if you are interested.

EDIT: I just looked at Airplay's link... that Audiogon listing is laughable... $275 for white? A white pair sold for $125 on ebay recently.
    Last edited by Tour2ma; 11-23-2004 at 06:55 AM.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

Rebuilding Maggie 2-ch & Amazing 2-ch... Building 2-ch "wall"... Figuring out the HT

lol well they are what he was looking for, who knows how far people are willing to go to get what they want
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Thanks all...

I am still open to options. But, really I would prefer black. That vinyl covering is a bit hard to keep the paint from coming off if I were to paint the white ones.

And I did call Polk directly before posting and as Tour said "Grills for the LS f/x's are long gone." Along with the eclosures too.

I thought of going the superglue route but alas the real kicker is that there are two corners that have damage (ugh!!) and I am real stickler for uniformity.

I have checked in the ebay forums and found a pair that I have bid upon. Wish me luck.

Thanks all for all the help.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Default Re: Thanks all...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ikon21 [/i]
    [B]I thought of going the superglue route but alas the real kicker is that there are two corners that have damage (ugh!!) and I am real stickler for uniformity.

I have checked in the ebay forums and found a pair that I have bid upon. Wish me luck.

Thanks all for all the help. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck with E-bay.

Dave

i hope that isnt the pair with the holes in the bottom of the cab :(
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Thread Information