Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Rear speaker selection.

Sorry, I am new to this and posted the original message in the wrong forum.
    Just purchased Monitor 60's and CS2. Iam looking for suggestions for rears. I have the opportunity to purchase Monitor 50's for $89.99 a picece brand new. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Receiver is HK AVR 520
    Thanks to all

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Welcome, your main concern is that they are timbre matched. if that helps any !!
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

The monitor 50's will be a good match for the 60's. They have the same tweeters so they should be timber matched all ready. Enjoy your new system.
    Tschüss
    Zach

Default rear speaker selection

Turns out the speakers for $89.95 are the montior r50's not the new monitor 50's. Will these timbre match with my new monitor 60's?
    Thanks to all!

Because of Polk's Dynamic Balance Technology, for the most part, they will be timbre matched, but there will be discrepancies, mostly in the tweeters. If Timbre matching is very important to you, go for the monitor series, otherwise grab those R50s. Enjoy,
    Matt

Thread Information