Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default The Tweeter Polk Deal : Update

To whom it may concern:

After a day of gathering information, Tweeter has now realized their error and will post the ad for the Polk T90e at the intended price ($350/pair). This should occur as soon as tomorrow, Dec 01.

For those of you like myself who have already received their single speaker, Tweeter will issue you a pre paid shipping label to return the product for a full refund. Even if you want to purchase the other speaker, you will be asked to return the speaker you currently have.

And that’s how it is. Too bad we couldn’t muster out way to the “steal”. Just the same, $350 for a pair of the Monitor 60’s is quite a good deal, hovering fairly close to “at cost” pricing. That is just how these things go folks.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

well I wasn't in on that whole thing...but that just sucks...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks Zero ... thats aTON more information that Ive recieved from you , then from Tweeter's own shaudy customer service (and crap e-mails) .
    Thanks again ;)

Member Sales Rating: (6)

haha; says a lot about Tweeters, huh? I knew I didn't like 'em.....
    Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

Default Re: The Tweeter Polk Deal : Update

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero [/i]
    [B]To whom it may concern:

After a day of gathering information, Tweeter has now realized their error and will post the ad for the Polk T90e at the intended price ($350/pair). This should occur as soon as tomorrow, Dec 01.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Zero and others.

I'm a bit older so maybe you don't think the same way... Don't you think that Tweeter should eat this just send us the other speaker? Shouldn't someone sue them over this bait and switch ****. Clearly they F'd up the web ad, so it's best the piss off all buyers who jumped on it? :mad:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

I agree; I think you should at least fight for a pair of the L90EBs, or w/e you got. I think you mght should even fight for some RTi10s!! That'd be sweet.....
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

They are just doing what they feel is best for their bottom line. It's really no different than when there is a misprint in the paper ads you get. The company prints a retraction and don't have to honor the price. You just got the retraction by email this time. I think we all knew this was a 'too good to be true' offer. If you had gotten the great deal, then of course you would have been happy, but to throw the 'I'm never going to shop there again!" gauntlet down is IMO a bit ridiculous. It was an offer you shouldn't have expected to come to fruition. in the first place.

Stronzo

Yes, this is a bummer.

However, Tweeter clearly has the right to honor and retract offers as they see fit. It is their legal right as a business, especially in the event of a mis-print. Past that point, it is up to the integrity of the company to do the right thing, whether it is in their interest or yours.

By all means, fight the fight if you feel so strongly about it. I sensed no "baiting and switching" going on here - just one big royal f- up. I thought it was pretty clear going into this thing that there was a good chance of the deal not following through. Next time, try not to get your hopes up and just keep those fingers crossed.

I for one (and another family member) have seen this SO-called online pricing error happen numerous times from Tweeter . This pricing error crap from Tweeter is getting to be a habit from them . I can see this pricing error happing once in a while , but not as often as they seem to have them . My brother ran into this same type of deal/error just 6 weeks ago on a Velodyne sub ; and shortly before that it was a different model Velodyne sub , and a AVR receiver before that . Out of all these online sale prices , ALL the orders were said to have the incorrect pricing where the orders were either canceled or the shipped out orders were charged a different price at time of delivery . Needless to say ALL the orders were either canceled at Tweeters discretion or returned by my brother due to an non-honored ONLINE-SALE price . Sorry , but this pricing error stuff is just to frequent for it to be a so-called mistake anymore , and seems more like a bait-and-switch ploy . These so-called pricing errors get to be a real pain in the a$$ after a while with constant returns or calls to your credit card company to make sure the over charges have been credited back to your account . If it wasn't for the fact that we live close by to a Tweeter store for these returns , you can also include the cost of return shipping for Tweeters so-called pricing errors ; as they never once offered free return shipping for THEIR mistakes .This is NO way to run a business plain and simple .

Also think of this .... we (most of us) KNOW what Polk items look like with model numbers and pricing . We saw the MAJOR flaws/errors in this ad numerous times , not just in pricing , but mis-leading pictures AND description . How too is this possible , to be THAT far off on ALL aspects of this online sale . Whats a "normal" consumer to think about WHAT product are they really ordering and at WHAT price . The "normal" consumer would probably not notice the difference of the said "sale item" and the actual REAL item that was delivered . The "normal" consumer would probably think : oooooww , I just got a real wood "euro styled" Polk Rti speaker on the cheap .
    Iam sorry , things just aren't right with this whole deal . We as Polk fans DO see the ad for what it SUPPOSED to be and realize the mis-leading info presented and decided to call Tweeters hand on it ; and for that we get our orders canceled .
    Bottom line for me ....
    I "know" that Tweeter has done toooo many so-called online errors in the past for this just to be called ANOTHER boo-boo. Iam tired of expecting my order to to filled as ordered , only to have the rug pulled out from under me AGAIN (canceled) . I think Tweeter OWES all of us a big apology and should take the proper steps to do so . I think the least Tweeter should do is HONOR the original online price of $174.99 per PAIR to all that ordered ; and allow each person ONE PAIR only of the T90EB at the posted online price . I think this would be a fair deal for both Tweeter and customers alike and most likely keep all involved happy for the most part . As things stand now , just a crappy e-mail saying my order has been canceled due to a "pricing error" does NOT cut it (AGAIN) .

After 9-10 years of online shopping behind me , Tweeter.com just happens to have an unbelievable record for the MOST online pricing errors Ive ever seen in ONE place in the shortest period of time ; and surpases ALL other "combined" stores online errors in that whole 9-10 year period .

With that said ... have a nice day :)
    Last edited by stereo55; 12-01-2004 at 02:27 PM.

If my sister wasnt so busy litigating other cases, I'd have her get a little involved in this one. I too have noticed 2 or 3 tweeter F ups that ended up them either having the item sent back or just automatically cancelled the order. I'm sick of these shananigans!

Well like others here couldn't get Tweeter to rework order. Was very nice, but constant with it was a "Warehouse" error.

What a line of crap...

I just sending my 1 speaker for a full credit.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Stronzo

Well, things got more complicated. I checked my E-mail, and low and behold - I get a shipping confirmation telling me my order has been sent on 12/02/04.

I look at the tracking number and it is of the speaker I just got at the end of November.

I am now wondering if there is just a huge delay / glitch in their system, or if I am really getting another speaker here. When I recieved the first, nothing was even in their systems.

Will wait with half anticipation till Monday/Tuesday to see if FedEx will bring me a sorta expected (fingers crossed) gift. While my hopes arent up, one thing is for sure - they wont be getting these speakers back. Period.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I would check your credit card statement online as well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero [/i]
    [B]Well, things got more complicated. I checked my E-mail, and low and behold - I get a shipping confirmation telling me my order has been sent on 12/02/04.

I look at the tracking number and it is of the speaker I just got at the end of November.

I am now wondering if there is just a huge delay / glitch in their system, or if I am really getting another speaker here. When I recieved the first, nothing was even in their systems.

Will wait with half anticipation till Monday/Tuesday to see if FedEx will bring me a sorta expected (fingers crossed) gift. While my hopes arent up, one thing is for sure - they wont be getting these speakers back. Period. [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you send the first one back? Are they sending 1 or 2?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

I noticed earlier today that they are still using the RTi10 picture.

Stronzo

Disney,

Nope, I didnt send mine back yet. I planned to tomorrow, though. Those plans have changed (you have 10 days to use the shipping label).

Well, the receipt says left and right ....speaker PAIR.. Of course, we both know how Tweeter honored that one. If I get anything, I will be totally surprised, but to my knowledge, I am just getting one (if anything at all).

I do not think that going to happen...

My order was delivered today, I did not see it yet (in the apt office). And the status in tweeter.com changed to 'Shipped on: 12 / 02 / 04' . This is the date I received the order. I also got an email 'Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.' It was actually shipped on Nov. 26 if I track Fedex. I think there is only one package. My order was canceled on Nov. 30.

It seems that I have to call them tomorrow, let them take back the damn speaker, totally waste of time

Well to add to this ....

My 2 seperate orders were delivered today also ; although the earlier e-mail I recieved in the week said CANCELLED ( but did not state which order ).
    I did 2 seprate orders (6-8 hours apart) with hopes of seeing 2 PAIRS ! Today I recieved 1 speaker per order only (no real surprise there :rolleyes: ) ,
    For now Iam going to play with these things and put them against my RTi6 mains (CSi3/Rti4's/PSW505) in my small bedroom HT system . The ONLY reason Iam even considering testing the speakers , is that I can drop these back off localy to Tweeter (10 miles away) with no real hassle . In the meamn time I will also try and push the local store to match the price that was listed at the website ( as I have ALL printed documents from ever stage of the ordering process stating "PAIR" in the discription ) .

Gotta run but will update later...

I did check this speaker out, found this a little odd. Bi-amping this is the upper tweeter the lower all mid / woofer drivers.

Just a heads up.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Member Sales Rating: (10)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by fireshoes [/i]
    [B]I noticed earlier today that they are still using the RTi10 picture. [/B][/QUOTE]

And it still has the completely wrong description. One would think an honest company would fix their mistake after what happened. What a bunch of untrustworthy assclowns.

Stronzo

You noticed that too, huh Shiz? Absolutely incredible. Here I am having difficulty finding any decent means of employment yet I see incompotence like this. How in the world do these people get their jobs?!?!?!!?

I will be holding off shipping my speaker back till Weds. I figure there is no harm in waiting in case they end up sending me another speaker. The only thing I loose here is time, which isnt costing me anything.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

All of you guys.. should really contact the attorney general for the state in which Tweeter has their headquarters. and report their ass to them. it's dishonest and misleading. if everyone of you contacts the attorney general.. that would be quite a few complaints all at the same time. the attorney general would surely sit up and take notice.

regardless if the fine print on their web site has an out on it... saying they are not liable for errors on their web site.. it's still misleading. they are selling something different than what was shown on their web site.

someone let me know where Tweeter does business and i will find out who the attorney general is for that state. I didn't order any of them... so i can't write a letter on your behalf. each one of you needs to do it. and follow thru with it.

explain how you were "misled" and duped into accepting an item that was different than described. I think it's called "bait and switch" .
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert

come on guys, that sounds like a good idea!!!!
    My Saga
    Equipment Pictures

[2CH]
    Rotel RCD-02
    Yamaha KX-W900U
    Sony ST-S500ES
    Denon DP-7F
    Parasound P/HP-850
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-35

[In Storage]
    Yamaha CDR-HD1300
    ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII

[Car System]
    Memphis 16-MCA3004
    Boston Acoustic RC520

I got an email today saying my order shipped, after receiving an email on 11-30 that it was cancelled. I don't even want the damn thing. If they charged my credit card, it's an unauthorized charge in my book.

Great....I just found out the speaker was delivered on 11-30 and was signed for by the apartment office. I'm heading down to check, but if it's only one, I'm going straight to Fedex to ship it back.

Errr...I guess I can't ship it right now, because I have to wait for the dumbasses to send me the shipping label. Grrrrrr!
    Last edited by fireshoes; 12-03-2004 at 10:05 AM.

One speaker....of course.

I got my package from apt office, ONE speaker...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by danger boy [/i][B]
    someone let me know where Tweeter does business and i will find out who the attorney general is for that state. I didn't order any of them... so i can't write a letter on your behalf. each one of you needs to do it. and follow thru with it.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Headquarters
    Tweeter Home Entertainment Group
    40 Pequot Way
    Canton, MA 02021
    Phone: (781) 830-3000
    Fax: (781) 830-3223
    Web Site: [url]www.twtr.com[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shizelbs [/i]
    [B]And it still has the completely wrong description. One would think an honest company would fix their mistake after what happened. What a bunch of untrustworthy assclowns. [/B][/QUOTE]

Correct descripion is now up, but still an RTi10 picture.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by danger boy [/i]
    [B]All of you guys.. should really contact the attorney general for the state in which Tweeter has their headquarters. and report their ass to them. it's dishonest and misleading. if everyone of you contacts the attorney general.. that would be quite a few complaints all at the same time. the attorney general would surely sit up and take notice.

regardless if the fine print on their web site has an out on it... saying they are not liable for errors on their web site.. it's still misleading. they are selling something different than what was shown on their web site.

explain how you were "misled" and duped into accepting an item that was different than described. I think it's called "bait and switch" . [/B][/QUOTE]

You won't get anywhere with this. Tweeter has offered free shipping back to them and a total refund. They've satisfied any requirements by law. Did they screw-up? hell yes, but they also made it right. REMEMBER...you have the [i][b]right[/i][/b] to not patronize their business anymore...
    Last edited by steveinaz; 12-03-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Thread Information