Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Holy crap, you're screwed.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

OK, I've tried several connectors for the Interconnect Cable (IC). I first tried crimpable connections, but the pins are smaller than 22 gauge and they wouldn't stay. While looking for a connector, I found small gauge alligator clips that I thought would work for a temporary connection just so I could hear the IC connected difference. The clips have rubber boots, so they won't swing and hit each other. They actually hold quite well.

I was pleasantly surprised with the IC connected sound difference. Without the IC cable, the left speaker was dominant. I first thought that the right speaker had a tweeter that wasn't as strong as the other right and both lefts. However, I'm guessing that it is powered by the IC cable, because it now sounds like the other right and both lefts.

The sweet spot is great. I recommend anyone running their SDAs without the IC to hook it up.
    SDA 2s; HSU STF-2; Yamaha RX-V1
    SDA-CRSs; Polk PSW-303; Rotel RB-960BX; Rotel RSP-960AX;
    LSi 7s; Infinity PS8; Rotel RB-980BX; Rotel RSP-980
    Mirage Nanosat 5.1; Yamaha RX-V2300
    Monitor 5s, 5 jrs, & 4s

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Default Re: pin-pin IC cable

Originally posted by Tide
    My speakers have two round male pins in a circular plastic receptacle. Here's a picture.
    That looks like either (1) a retrofitted connector that the previous owner installed because he lost or never had the SDA cable or (2) a broken SDA cable connector end that is inserted into a receptacle.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I would say , if your having a prob. with picking up a interconnect . Try picking a Carver C-9 sonic holgraghy generator , or a Carver Pre with that feature built in . :)

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Originally posted by wire
    I would say , if your having a prob. with picking up a interconnect . Try picking a Carver C-9 sonic holgraghy generator , or a Carver Pre with that feature built in . :)
    I wouldn't.....SH and SDA aren't comparable, IMO. Well, they are I suppose but SH isn't as good as SDA, one, and two, why have the speakers if you aren't using them properly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Not to mention that some of the drivers and tweeters are not being used without the SDA cable connected.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have both the C-9 (in a box in the basement now) and SDA's and the effect is not the same. I much prefer the SDA sound with the cable. I would find a way to retrofit a cable or build one to fit this application. The SDA effect is much more pinpoint in instrument location.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

just joined the forum yesterday. unless I wound up buying Tide's speakers I too have the same pin setup. A Tech at polk tells me that this combination was in no way made by polk. I agree with the weed therory, I know I did alot of crazy stuff back then also.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Hi Tide I am in Ft Lauderdale, and I too have the SDA2's With the proper interconnect cable and sockets. I am going to upgrade my setup with a DIY interconnect per DarqueKnight's instructions. If you want you can purchase the stock setup from me, or I can help you properly wire your's

Ben

Member Sales Rating: (16)

We have since discovered other Polk owners with this mutant or mystery cable. Blade/blade connectors and recepticals are still available. Wired corectly, this would be a good solution, and consistent with the original design of this vintage speaker.
    Carl

Thread Information