New to this forum, all and any assistance is greatly appreciated.
I currently have:
Moved from a smaller condo and my new HT in basement is 15.5' (front and rear wall) x 17.5' x 8' (ceiling).
Only 1 row of seating - will be approx. 14' from main speakers.
Incidently, screen is 96"x54" driven by new Panasonic AE700
1) I enjoy older Criterion DVDs and other mono-type sources and have considered my center sould be upgraded. Given this room size, can anyone confirm my assumptions are correct? If so, what model family should I be looking at?
2) What is the vertical dispersion with the CS245? I am considering changing its angle to better direct to the listener.
Currently running 5.1 - I'm waiting for greater convergence in the AV/PC world before I invest in a new receiver. The price for HDMI switching is too high right now - but I do love the Onkyo TX-NR1000.
3) For 5.1 - given that I have both options, should I run the FX300i's on the back wall as bipole or side wall as dipole? Only have 1'-2' from listener to back wall.
4) When I upgrade to 7.1, I think I'd prefer direct at rear (for DVD-A, etc) and use FX300's on side, any recommendation for good Polk matching speakers to use for rears?
5) Does anyone use FX300 or similar for all their surrounds in a 7.1 configuration and what do they think?