Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wire Length

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Wire Length

I often read that speaker wires should be cut to the same length to improve sound quality. My question is...should all speakers have the same length wire regardless of distance or only PAIRS of speakers. Example..both fronts L/R have 8 ft of wire each and both surrounds have 5 ft each.....or should all speakers use same length, 8ft?

Regards

Member Sales Rating: (1)

don't worry about it, the only way there would be a difference would be if the runs were like 50 ft to a 1 ft run, and even then you probably wouldnt notice.....5 feet and 8 feet arent even worth thinking about
    SDA 2B
    Carver m0.5t
    AMC pre
    Cobalt Cables

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Keep the wires as short as possible to reduce effects from inductance, capacitance, resistance and interference. End of story.
    Graham

Member Sales Rating: (18)

ok....yes as mentioned keep them as short as you need them....but how are your rears shorter than your mains ?
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Example..both fronts L/R have 8 ft of wire each and both surrounds have 5 ft each...
    Hey willow, did you ever get the Harmony remote?
    Tschüss
    Zach

should be pickin' that puppy up this weekend......I had bad CS from kameleon.....
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Sounds good. Let me know how you like.

(Sorry for the short thread hijack, I think I'm done)
    Tschüss
    Zach

I will thanks....

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Willow,

My receiver is located behind my seating (the couch) and the surrounds located at the sides with mains beside the TV. Guess a new TV unit/stand is next on the list.

It's what I thought.....all your cables to your TV run that long ?....

Thread Information