Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    alex

Question ex 12 sub and mtx 250D

Hi, I have 2 EX 12" subs and i am looking for an amp to power them, i know their rms rating is 150 w, but i have heard that the mtx 250D gives almost 400 w rms at 2 ohms, so there will be 200 w rms to every sub, will they handle this power, or should i look for another amp, as the mtx 152 that gives almost 100 wrms to every sub and also i would like to know the basket and magnet displacement of this sub.

Thanks

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Alex,
    I would suggest using the 250D. This amp will be able to provide all of the power necessay to play these woofers to their full potential. It is always better to have some "reserve power" or
    "headroom" available then to over drive a smaller powered amplifier. Clipping and distortion will always lead to blown drivers,
    tweeters, and woofers. These woofers are rated for 150 Watts continuous, and have a peak power handling of 400 Watts each.

Happy Pounding!!
    Kim, Polk Audio

Alex

Hey Kim, thanks for the reply, it was usefull, but I had another question about these same subs, i will build the box for them and I have designed it already, but I need to know the displacement of this sub, so i can add this volume to my box and build it as i design it.
    Thanks for your help

Alex

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Alex,
    The displacement of the EX12 is .062 cubic feet. This little bit of space will not significantly change the box design final results.
    All of our recommended enclosures do include the driver displacement. If you need some assistanc with your box give us a
    call at 800-377-7655 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday and we will be glad to help.

Happy Board Cuttting!!
    Kim

Thread Information