Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default what would be a good bookshelf to replace RTi100?

I'm thinking about replacing my RTi100 with some bookshelf speakers so i can mount them. I moved my home theatre to a different room and the RTi100 doesn't look to good sitting on the floor. I just bought some CSi5. I love the way the Rti100 sound, want to get something smaller w/o sacrificing any sound that the RTi100 are putting out. I also use this sytem for my main music. here's what I have

Rti100
    CSi5
    FX500i
    NHT Subone subs
    HK AVR500

the room is about 15x15

Member Sales Rating: (27)

RTi6?
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

that looks like it'll be my only option but Polk recommended only a CSi3 as center. Wouldn't that be a waste for the CSi5 matching them with the RTi6?

Member Sales Rating: (20)

The CSi5 will match up fine with the RTi6...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Buy two pairs...stack em! ;)

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

alrite off to the store to pick some up.

Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Buy two pairs...stack em! ;)
    I would I hook 'em up? I doubt my HK can handle 4ohms load.

first, I'd think that HK can handle 4ohm loads.

Second, I wouldn't suggest stacking them or whatever...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Originally posted by Polkmaniac
    first, I'd think that HK can handle 4ohm loads.

Second, I wouldn't suggest stacking them or whatever...
    Arghh you guys are killing me... to by or not to by... hmm LOLZ :D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Buy one pair of RTi6's. They have the same tweeter and driver as your CSi5 so they're a perfect match. However, you will "sacrifice sound" as you say. A 15" bookshelf simply cannot duplicate the sound of a 44" tower with powered subs. However, there are some who may even say bookshelfs sound better, so you'll have to listen for yourself.

Last year I tried a pair of LSi7 for my fronts but for some reason I hated it returned them the next day. But that was when I had no real center piece nor surrounds. Just some cheapy 8" subs to compromise. Lack of bass killed it for me, one thing I didn't do was to turn off the subs on the RTi100 the compare, that may have been different. That's the reason why I'm weary about theRTi6.

Originally posted by EricH
    Buy one pair of RTi6's. They have the same tweeter and driver as your CSi5 so they're a perfect match. However, you will "sacrifice sound" as you say. A 15" bookshelf simply cannot duplicate the sound of a 44" tower with powered subs. However, there are some who may even say bookshelfs sound better, so you'll have to listen for yourself.
    I'm of the school of thought that bookshelves do sound better, especially if you have a good sub to compliment them, which he does...
    Main HT

Bedroom System

Office Rig

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Of course, this is a subjective discussion as everyone's sound preferences vary.

I have an SVS PB12Plus/2 and was trying the same thing that he wants to do. I was running RTi38's for fronts, and when I switched to RTi70's I could tell a big difference in sound. The 70's have a much "fuller" sound with more impact. Both speakers were crossed at 80hz, calibrated the same, and have the same tweeters and drivers.

Stacking rocks.

Buy 2 pairs, stack them. Dont like, return one pair.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Originally posted by Dannieboiz
    Last year I tried a pair of LSi7 for my fronts but for some reason I hated it returned them the next day. But that was when I had no real center piece nor surrounds. Just some cheapy 8" subs to compromise. Lack of bass killed it for me, one thing I didn't do was to turn off the subs on the RTi100 the compare, that may have been different. That's the reason why I'm weary about theRTi6.
    LSi7's with SVS PCU sound very good. Much better than RTi150's with the same sub. I moved the 150's out of my HT and now they are collecting dust.

Thread Information