Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fake Polks???

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Fake Polks???

I've noticed my Polks do not have the serial # on the back like the picture I've attached. They do have a little yellow strip with 50382 above the inputs.

I purchased mine in 1992. I remember I purchased them from an NYC electronics company via a catalog. The company was pretty reputable if I remember correctly.

So my questions are Did they not have a serial # on them at that time? could I have bought fakes? or am I just paranoid?

TIA
    Monitor 7C's
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2

"He had no conception of the instrument, He was blowing into it. He loved his cello." ~ Take the Money and Run

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by vstarkwell View Post
    I've noticed my Polks do not have the serial # on the back like the picture I've attached. They do have a little yellow strip with 50382 above the inputs.

I purchased mine in 1992. I remember I purchased them from an NYC electronics company via a catalog. The company was pretty reputable if I remember correctly.

So my questions are Did they not have a serial # on them at that time? could I have bought fakes? or am I just paranoid?

TIA
    my guess is your"OK" LOL, but I'm sure if you pulled a driver you would know.:p
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (7)

That's the serial # next to the 5jr. #40469

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    my guess is your"OK" LOL, but I'm sure if you pulled a driver you would know.:p
    Thanks for reply, I was more curious then paranoid, no need to pull driver as I have no idea how to do that nor do I want to potentially mess them up. I wonder why mine don't have the same info as the picture I posted. maybe some did and some didn't.
    Monitor 7C's
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2

"He had no conception of the instrument, He was blowing into it. He loved his cello." ~ Take the Money and Run

Quote Originally Posted by lightman1 View Post
    That's the serial # next to the 5jr. #40469
    Thanks, I'm a newbie so sorry if the question seemed senseless
    Monitor 7C's
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I'm 99.9% sure they're not fakes, but if you've been enjoying them since '92 I'd say you got your moneys worth regardless.:p:D

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by vstarkwell View Post

TIA
    Early Polks like yours have a cheesy sticker on the terminal cup with the serial number. The photo in your link is for a later model Polk known as the Monitor Series II.

So, no your Polks aren't fake.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Thanks for all the reply's, I appreciate it
    Monitor 7C's
    Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2

Thread Information