this dude actually knows his stuff when it comes to significant others and audio problems it causes. :p
"When a wife refers to your speakers as “The Divorce Makers”, you know they’re great.
These beasts are the ultimate in speakers. I can honestly say that I have never heard speakers of this quality. Ever. And they are obscenely huge, measuring in at 24 x 25 x 37 (Width x Depth x Height) thus compensating for anything that God might have neglected (although my wife begs to differ). These have survived two marriages and are gratly loved, and would not be for sale, except my wife is an evil, possessed negotiator and I do have other things that I “need”. If we didn’t have kids…
Here are some reasons to buy these audiophiles' dream:
10. Your pesky neighbors will move out when they see the dolly loading these bad boys into your home.
9. She wants a new sofa, you want new speakers… voila, just add cushions.
8. They can reproduce sounds that will annoy you girlfriend’s cat.
7. It’ll show her who the boss is (or it will show you, if you wind up selling them on eBay).
6. You wife’s fantasy did call for something “black and obscenely huge”.
5. Police rarely raid Audiophiles’ computers.
4. Yanni never sounded better. Actually, he never even sounded good.
3. Remember that $5000.00 engagement ring? Yeah, paybacks are hell.
2. She can’t just drag them out to the curb without hurting herself.
1. When she starts complaining, turn up the volume to 11.
These are simply the best speakers you will ever own.
The speakers have been dinged up some, but not bad and no major gouges or missing wood. If you want, I still have the original paint, and will restore them to perfection. Or, if you want to paint them yourself, go for it. And if you need to paint them pink to compromise with your wife / girlfriend, I understand (but you'll have to do that yourself).
Shipping on these things is something else, so hopefully you live close enough to pick them up. If not, you will pay actual shipping charges. I don't know what they are, but you could call up UPS and tell them you have to ship an old Volkswagon Beetle. It should cost about the same. I believe these things weigh over 100 pounds each. I don't really even want to help you load them in your car."