Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default The dreaded H02 error...

Well, my panasonic died today displaying the dreaded H02 error. So what DVD player should I get to replace er? Gotta be progressive....multi-disc would be nice....dont care about recording.....dont wanna step down from the panasonic (really liked its picture quality).....but dont wanna spen an arm and a leg.

HELP!
    Last edited by The Darkhorse; 02-11-2005 at 11:16 PM.
    62" Mitsu 1080p DLP
    Center - CS400
    Fronts - RT2000p's
    Sides - Martin Logan Scripts
    Rears - Martin Logan Scripts

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Where does the post end, and signature begin?

I'm confused.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

lol...sig is old..and way to big. fixin now :)
    62" Mitsu 1080p DLP
    Center - CS400
    Fronts - RT2000p's

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I almost **** my pants when I got an error message on my Panasonic DVD player a couple of days ago. "HO-something". But, it turned out, one of the discs somehow found it's way on top of another one, and the tray was having trouble opening(it's a 5 disc player). I was able to get the disc out(ROTK-EE), and, by an act of God, it wasn't scratched. The DVD player then functioned as it normally does. I lucked out this time. I'd hate to replace the Panasonic anytime soon. The picture is amazing.

You might want to look at the Harman Kardon DVD 22 or 31. I got the 22 last week and was amazed at the picture quality, and sound that came out of it. Circuit City carries these.
    Arcam DiVa AVR300 Receiver
    Outlaw Audio 755 Power Amp
    Audio Tecnica lp120 Turntable
    Polk Audio LSi15 Front Speakers
    Polk Audio LSi9 Rear Surrounds
    Polk CSi2 Center Speaker
    Apple Mac Mini HTPC
    Samsung HL67A750 TV

Darkhorse,
    I assume your talking about the Panny RP-56. I had the same error on mine and was really bummed when I had to replace it. I went out and got a Denon DVD-910 for ~$300.00. After six months that one wouldnít play either. So on a whim I hooked up the 56 again and it hasnít lock up again after almost 3 months (knock wood). When yours comes up with the error does it totally lock up? What I use to do was keep the cover off the unit and when it locked up I would remove the disc out the back of the transport. It was a pain in the ass but I was able to still enjoy the incredible picture of the RP-56. As far as replacing it, itís going to be tuff. I spent $300 on the Denon and the picture quality didnít come close to the Panny.
    O

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Yep, try unplugging it for a few hours. If it's still dead, check out the Pioneer DVD @ Audio Advisor for $129 bucks; it'll be my next one....

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Check out Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Cambridge, Denon
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I remember reading in a post in a different board that the error sometimes occurs when the pickup head gets dirty and does not always mean the motor has to be replaced. IIRC, the poster used compressed air to clean off the head and got it to work again...good luck. I must admit, my Panny has very good picture...even on my lowly Sanyo tube...
    System 1: Onix Rockets 750 Sig. Ed., Rotel RC 1070, Rotel RB 1080, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 2: LSi15, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Yamaha: 2300 Univ. DVD, CDC-625RS.

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, HK 230, Elite DV-45A; Sony C445.

System 4: RTi100, Onkyo TXSV717Pro, Monarchy/Sonic Impact Hybrid, Yamaha CD.

Well..I tried cleanin it and it works now...sometimes. Seems that it may be on its last legs. As for the HK at CCity, I'll have to take a look, as I work there lol
    62" Mitsu 1080p DLP
    Center - CS400
    Fronts - RT2000p's

Thread Information